Get Garage!

RadioRedline

Sorry to hear about this. I know when my house was burglarized a few years ago it was a total feeling of being violated.

Radio be sure on your list you include not only quantity but size, type, & color. Such as black silk crotchless!!! LOL

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

Hey Radio, very sorry to hear about the garage. I had some sketchy dude eyeballin' my stuff yesterday. Cant leave anything to chance though. I bought some rebar for the windows. I plan on welding up some prison bars across them so as to remind them where they came from and where they'll eventually get back to. Maybe even toss a few shotgun shells on the sill so they get the idea. Rebars cheap too bro, I paid about $20 for 5 8' sticks. I'll post some pics once it's done. I feel ya though dude, I've had ALOT of stuff stolen (they never got my panty stash tho). Pretty shit feeling. Do you have renters ins on your garage? You have lots of nice stuff in there, might consider it if you dont. Then you can just snap some oics, get some locks, and forget aboot it, eh? ;)

Forgot to mention:

The Tiki-Wood came from a placemat at walmart (4$) the kick panels are MDF wrapped in Vinyl. The door panels are "baltic birch" 2 pieces sandwiched together, and then bondoed and wrapped in vinyl as well.

Radio

The 820 towed the 521 tonight back to my father-in-laws to trace down its fuel delivery and spark issues. Going to change plugs and wires, cap & rotor and blow out the line to the tank. (We only changed filter and blew out that section from filter to carb last time, and changed a piece.) going back and forth on keeping the 820 for longer than I had planned and change the squeaky pulley and pass door handle, and maybe swap in 2 new front fenders, seem cheap on ebay...32$ ea.

Radio

Ok..

Changed plugs and wires. Had the wrong cap for L18 not L16 too big.

Carb is getting gas blew out line bowl is 2/3, couldn't get it started so we

Rechecked all plug gaps, firing order, timing. It was backfiring somewhere

Btw the cap and carb my father in law figured. So he gapped the points reset

The timing and checked for spark no problem and backfiring stopped now.

We left it overnight to trickle charge and unflood as well as get a proper cap

And rotor. Try some more tomorrow. And the spark plugs were bad!

Not too much left

Radio

backfire1.jpg

backfire2.jpg

backfire3.jpg

backfire4.jpg

backfire5.jpg

Ok so It has to be the Cap. Which was ordered yesterday but comes today they Said from Winnipeg.

I checked the Carb Bolts, and the Manifold Bolts. I even tried the original spark plugs jsut in case I had the wrong kind.

It turns over and over, and backfires every so often, so Ron (Retired Journeyman & Father-In-Law) and Haynes Manual both say spark is jumping.

I checked the Points Gap

I checked the Spark Plug Gap

I checked the firing order

I checked the Wire connections

I took off and examined the porcelain resistor

I cleaned the battery cables up

I checked for spark 10 times & its getting spark.

The Haynes Manual basically states if you have spark its not the ignition coil, and spark is jumping, so change the cap.

Ron said if there is a hairline crack in the cap, and it gets wet the truck won't like that. I said yup drove thru a puddle last fall and the truck sure bogged down.

So I started with a Fuel Issue, and ended up with an ignition Issue!!

Parts should be here today Fingers crossed!

Radio