RadioRedline

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But DatzenMike...you are Canadian! Being cold is the Norm...lol

Radio

I've put in my time in the cold. Slept in my car in Brandon, near you, February 14th '92 on a cross Canada road trip....yeah it was cool! Now I like my ass a bit warmer.

5204x41.jpg

Looks pretty Red Neck Radio! But you are from Saskatchewan so it should fit right in there lollaugh.gif

you see me counting rabbits on a can

Wearin’ the pride of the thirteenth man

Hear about all of the curling I done

Well, there ain’t no doubt just where I’m from:

I’m a Pilsner drinkin’, whitetail huntin’

Purple burnin’, stubble jumpin’

Slough boggin’, prairie doggin’

Rod and reelin’, snowmobilin’

Genuine big sky son-of-a-gun

From SASKATCHEWAN

TIm Hus - Son of a Gun From Saskatchewan

Painted some more on my 620 Doors tonite. No Oics.

Pics of the 520 I'm looking at as requested...

Scary Rust on the frame? NONE of my other Dattos are this bad! It comes with a bunch of extra parts and a stripped 87 non rusty pathfinder frame.

I told him wait a week to try and get his $ he wants (1500-2000) , and if not I'll pay him what I said I would (1000)

Radio

ruust1.jpg

ruust2.jpg

ruust3.jpg

ruust4.jpg

ruust5.jpg

So after not making a deal on the 67 520 mounted on a 1995 & 87 Pathfinder... (3.0L V6 auto 4x4 heated leather seats powered 520 Lol)

I Found a 1997 Pathfinder Locally that was in a rollover. it has the 3.3L so VQ33E? 4speed auto with 4x4 LE so Heated leather. Maybe Would be a good candidate for a Underpinning one of my 620s or 521?

I want/need a 4x4, and since I sold my 1983 It Hasn't Been the same! I would pickup this pathfinder strip it down to frame motor and chassis. and stick a Datsun Truck cab and bed on top! (Just like this other guy did only cleaner, not rushed and not a rusted out completely fucked frame) I am going to look at the rollover next week. It has 150,000Km, the 67 Datto I was gonna buy had 280,000 Eek!

I want something to be My Parts haulin' Rig, and 4x4 for snow days, and dolly tow more Dattos!

Radio

Father-in-Law towed my truck to his Garage this morning. Working on 521 there (Heated) We blew out fuel line with compressor, changed one section out, installed new Fuel Filter, and Charged up Battery.He Cleaned the points, and checked for spark. He Adjusted the Idle Screw and Bam! I was off to the Races! I Drove to Canadian Tire than My Garage, and added some oil. I drove down the freeway, and it starts to sputter, bad and worse, and I had to hold gas and I flooded it. I Pushed it aside, got it running for a moment enough to turn it around properly. (after sitting so thats why im thinking its flooded) I Removed Battery to charge up.. I am Going back in 2 hrs and taking two charged up batteries with. I believe I should be able to make it back to my Garage then. Next He suggested was to change the Plugs. So I will do that later and maybe cab and rotor and wires, see what I get. But for a 30 minute period, I was in 521 Heaven!

Heres a video of how it 'runs'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrCsox6CJmE

Here are some Oics:

greenshot1.jpg

greenshot2.jpg

greenshot3.jpg

Oh and heres a pic of a 280zx I saw on way home:

greenshot4.jpg

Radio

Yeah in 1961, but the company's been passed around like a minor at a biker bar since then. Every owner just uses it for it's past good name. Today it's considered a cheaply made inferior POS

The local parts store has some Fram, Wix and Purolator oil filters 'dissected'

The Fram is of no comparison to the others....pretty much garbage

I'll snap a pic next time I'm there