Get Garage!

RadioRedline

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine just has a plug there. Probably just an extra hole for whatever you want. Back in the day, my dad used the extra hole in what is now my 521 for a headphone jack(Mom must not have liked listening to AM talk radio every where they went :lol: )

Saturday night, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off baby!

Ok I think I want to pull the l20 this weekend but am nervous! I have the Rad off, I've read thru that section in haynes 14 times. I got the engine leveller all jigged up. what next? Steps?

Radio

Remove the battery!!!! then starter, drain the oil, (less leaking when moving the motor around after it's out) fuel line to pump and return if equipped, take the fan blades off so they don't get broken, unbolt the exhaust down pipe, disconnect the oil pressure sender, alternator, distributor (remove if possible so it does not get smashed in the move) temp sender, idle cut solenoid, choke heater and throttle cable on carb, vacuum hose to brake booster, heater hose at back of head and the other on the lower rad return line. Depending on year you may have a vacuum line to the charcoal canister or fuel tank vent. You may also have hose to an air filter for the air pump.

This should leave the engine to tranny bolts. Some motors had a gusset that shares some of the oil pan bolts at the back and extending down and bolting to the tranny bell for additional support. The metal plate sandwiched between motor and tranny will have several small bolts around the bottom to seal in the clutch/flywheel.

There may be a ground strap on the rear exhaust manifold bolt to the body.

That's 98% of it, may have forgotten something depending on year.

edit

Yeah the MMs now 99%.

Remove the battery!!!! then starter, drain the oil, (less leaking when moving the motor around after it's out) fuel line to pump and return if equipped, take the fan blades off so they don't get broken, unbolt the exhaust down pipe, disconnect the oil pressure sender, alternator, distributor (remove if possible so it does not get smashed in the move) temp sender, idle cut solenoid, choke heater and throttle cable on carb, vacuum hose to brake booster, heater hose at back of head and the other on the lower rad return line. Depending on year you may have a vacuum line to the charcoal canister or fuel tank vent. You may also have hose to an air filter for the air pump.

This should leave the engine to tranny bolts. Some motors had a gusset that shares some of the oil pan bolts at the back and extending down and bolting to the tranny bell for additional support. The metal plate sandwiched between motor and tranny will have several small bolts around the bottom to seal in the clutch/flywheel.

There may be a ground strap on the rear exhaust manifold bolt to the body.

That's 98% of it, may have forgotten something depending on year.

edit

Yeah the MMs now 99%.

Okay so this aft and eve, I Drained all the oil, the rest of the coolant, Took the fan blade off, fuel line thingy, starter, solenoid, some thing, that had a metal hook into the engine on the pass side at the front, and oil came out when I unbolted it.

Carb, rad, battery, wiring, ground wire, all that shit was off weeks ago.

Also read W58 I think stamped on the block...whats that mean again?

Exhaust is rusted right on there, so hacksaw I guess...

Had a duh moment, the donor truck is a 1980 720, I totally forgot it has front disc brakes! Could I not use those towards converting one of my 620s?!

Radio

i've seen wood used as a floorboard replacement but duct tape? haha. Started to clean up the 510 tonight, and got a a shitload more organized in my new cabinet. picked up a pail vac at Home Depot, and a makita 5" Angle Grinder.

Radio

organz1.jpg

organz2.jpg

organz3.jpg

organz4.jpg

organz5.jpg

organz6.jpg

Got my Drums off other night, and I sandblasted them! Guy from work gave me a REAL Cali Plate to hang up haha, and I Got a bunch more things labelled and organized in GET GARAGE!

Radio

P.s. BlakeZula Where the F are you?!

drum1.jpg

drum2.jpg

drum3.jpg

drum4.jpg

drum5.jpg

drum6.jpg

drum7.jpg

drum8.jpg

drum9.jpg