need sway bar ID

mklotz70

This came off a front crossmember assy I got last year? from over in vancouver. It was supposed to be 510...everything look like 510. I went to mount this 1" sway bar on my wgn and had all kinds of grief trying to get it up in there. I finally pulled it back out, grabbed my other 1" sway bar and here's the difference....it's the black on in the pics. The arms are longer. Bar can't go any farther forward because of the T/C rod mounts. Anyone know what this is supposed to fit? I'm guessing a Z since they had a similar setup, but were longer.

100_1256.jpg

100_1257.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike it isn't from a 620. If you think it's from a 280z/zx then it could also be from an 810/Maxima as they were built on the same platform. I checked some pictures and the 610 and 710 also used one that same general shape.

A smart cookie like you should be able trim it to size, heat up and flatten the ends and drill some holes.

I was thinking it would most likely be from an earlier z...similar year to the 510. ZX would probably be wider. The xmember couldn't be any wider than a 510

I could probably modify it...but why, I have one for me. I'd do all that work and nobody would want to pay any more for it. I'm going to sell it....I'd just like to know what it's for first :)

The longer ends should effectively make it a softer rate, shouldn't it? Can it fit on a 521 or NL?

...for $40, you're more than welcome to pick it up and try it :) lol!

Looks like Z to me

...so it's just what you need? Cool!!

I just thought about this.....since it's exactly the right width, I could hang onto it in case I do a custom lower control arm with no tension rod. I could move the mounts forward to clear the cross member better :)