New parts for my 510 :)

Whoracle

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are 2 inches shorter then the zx or the 510?????

then stock zx, when i took my inserts and coils over for him to shorten the struts and weld a perch for the coils, they didnt need to be shortened, the inserts fit perfectly even though what he read (and i) was that they would need to be shortened for the inserts (sw20 mr2 inserts).

then stock zx, when i took my inserts and coils over for him to shorten the struts and weld a perch for the coils, they didnt need to be shortened, the inserts fit perfectly even though what he read (and i) was that they would need to be shortened for the inserts (sw20 mr2 inserts).

Nah, thats just misinformation being passed off that knowledge. I won't say who provided that info (you guys are welcome to find it for yourself), but I will say that the person HAD a very good reputation for being quite knowledgeable in the 510 scene.

Front or rear SW20 inserts? I have shortened 280zx struts for FRONT SW20 MR2 inserts, and I have seen other people do the same. The confusion may be that the AW11 MR2 REAR inserts are the shorter ones, and the SW20 MR2 FRONT inserts are the ones you want.

Well I got the rear coilovers on, what a pain. They are only turned down 6 threads and I'm pretty sure once they settle I'll be rubbng tire on my fender, so i'm gonna turn them both up 1-2 threads. It REALLY makes the front look worse though lol. Need to get some 15" wheels (anyone got some swastikas?) and put the fronts on now.

• 2 weeks later...

well, apparently not all (if any) 15" wheels fit over the 4piston wilwoods with 12.2" rotors (damn you arizona z car!!!). After swapping one of the struts, we tried spacers (think we were at like 1/2" of spacer and still hitting the caliper), looked for 16" steel wheels but no one had them in 4x4.5 lug pattern. We ended up having to go grab the 280zx calipers and rotors, get a new drivers side soft brake line, and call like 5 different stores to find some pads. We got the fronts on, and i made it to work just in time haha. I was adjusting the camber just a few minutes ago, then took it on a short drive around the neighborhood and what did i see? a train hauling tanks, so i went home grabbed my camera and snapped a few quick pics as it started to move again.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

thanks :). I havent gotten the LSD on yet, but i am hoping to do that along with other things (ive got new door rubber, door hinge, window trim, radiator hoses, etc) over winter break. I need to get new tie rods and was thinking about getting the ones from DPR (http://designproductsracing.com/510_FrontSuspension.html), anyone have any experience with them? I have also decided to just run the 280zx brakes so i can keep my wheels/tires and use the wilwoods when i get a 2dr (if i ever do).