L20b price

I have the engine I pulled out of my truck I want to sell. It is a L20b with a four speed. The engine has a webber made in spain, a cannon intake manifold, electronic distributor and the previous owner installed a performance cam and had the engine rebuilt. I drove it for a while and it ran strong with no problems at all. What would be a reasonable price to ask for everything?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the engine I pulled out of my truck I want to sell. It is a L20b with a four speed. The engine has a webber made in spain, a cannon intake manifold, electronic distributor and the previous owner installed a performance cam and had the engine rebuilt. I drove it for a while and it ran strong with no problems at all. What would be a reasonable price to ask for everything?

Why pull the engine if it's running strong? Upgrade?

If motor had a cam in there as claimed it would be pretty close to a ass kicking motor already. And just a bolt on some sidedrafts carbs , some linkage hookup.

300-600$w trans, depending on how many other people are getting rid of l20s in the neiboorhood.

I was offered a l20 and 5 speed for 250 last week

buy the laptop and Nistune and still have a running rig w/the L20. Done , dont get hands dirty and spend another 1500 to complete this swap

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

You would possibly make more parting it out, especialy if you are willy to ship parts.

I have had to give away L20B parts in Phoenix just to get more room in my garage. Not much call for them here. They are getting harder and harder to find. I have 2 spare heads and 1 short block, 1 rebuilt complete, and 1 rebuilder complete.

People doing the SR KA swaps are discarding the old L motors not to mention our Government is pushing to get old cars off the road.

I am interestested in the manifold and carb if you choose to part it out.

Edited by Charlie69