Wagon Ebrake

fo0manchu

Just wondering if you wagon guys are just using the stock ebrake or have changed it for something else.

I don't have my stock ebrake anymore, actually i have no ebrake.

I've been searching the JY's for a suitable donor. All the ones I pull the lines are too long.

Any of you guys have success with a certain setup?

Would be nice to have an ebrake :D

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the ones I pull the lines are too long.

I cut the lines and splice it into the 510 setup. I think I am running less then 2 feet of the new e-brake/line from the new handbrake.

with some of these.

istockphoto_5686116-nuts-and-bolts-on-a-steel-cable.jpg

Edited by AtomChurch
Just wondering if you wagon guys are just using the stock ebrake or have changed it for something else.

I don't have my stock ebrake anymore, actually i have no ebrake.

I've been searching the JY's for a suitable donor. All the ones I pull the lines are too long.

Any of you guys have success with a certain setup?

imtb has the whole setup I think. pm him

I cut the lines and splice it into the 510 setup. I think I am running less then 2 feet of the new e-brake/line from the new handbrake.

with some of these.

istockphoto_5686116-nuts-and-bolts-on-a-steel-cable.jpg

i used those before on a 240sx setup, it worked for awhile untill the cables eventually slipped off of them. Perhaps I installed them wrong? I used both the crimp on ones and the bolt down ones like in the picture.

i have hears a maxda rx7 set up works in a wagon but it has not been made clear and i would like to know i NEED to do it for my car

You talking about the older rx7's (the FB models)? Those came with a solid rear, i can see how that might work. Only thing is, its hard to find those in the Junk yards. I haven't seen one in awhile.

How do I make my e-brake tighter? It seems like I have to pull almost to the end until my e-brake even engages.

I kinda want to do a e-brake swap to the handle type, instead of the stock under the dash type.

Before I even ask how or what car to get it from...i'm gonna do a search..i'm sure its been done.

thats what i was trying to ask, if anybody has done the handle style ebrake system on a wagon. I've seen them done on the sedans but not the wagons. I heard of the 200sx ones work well on the sedan. I have yet to find one in the JY's to see if it will work on the wagon.

Guess I should do some measuring before i go out next time. :rolleyes:

How do I make my e-brake tighter? It seems like I have to pull almost to the end until my e-brake even engages.

have you adjusted the adjuster :lol: in the R drums?

there should also be a adjuster between the 2 side cables, where it splits

i have mine fully engaged @ ~50%

The cable clamps work nicely.....but I would use two. You can also loop the excess back through. If you have 6" of excess on either side of two clamps about 3-4" apart, loop one over it's last clamp and back under the first clamp. Do the same thing for the other piece of excess. It's like tieing a knot with the cables, just to help make sure they don't pull out. Been running clamps on my NL for over two years now...still haven't slipped.

Most major cities will have a place that can crimp ends onto the cables if you want a more professional finish.