silly question?

kezark31

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess would be that it might have a L521 light switch in it. That would be odd for one as late as '72, but it might have been replaced sometime in the past 37 years. If you can look up underneath the dash at the white connector from the light switch to the harness, see if it has 6 wires, or 4. If it has 6, the switch is probably set up for factory fog lights. You can check your truck against the wiring diagrams here.

If someone jerry-rigged the switch in there, and you need a 4 prong switch to make it right, PM me. My late '68 521 has the L521 wiring harness and I can't find the 6 prong switch. I've got a 4 prong set up in it now, but I'd happily trade for the right one.

what about dash light adjustment?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/ROFL.gif[/img]"]ROFL.gif Sorry I own a 620. The adjustment is from very dim ................................................................................................................................................... and goes down from there. 620 owners carry a flashlight at night.

Edited by datzenmike
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/ROFL.gif[/img]"]ROFL.gif Sorry I own a 620. The adjustment is from very dim ................................................................................................................................................... and goes down from there. 620 owners carry a flashlight at night.

:lol:

I didnt chance it and went straight to LEDs without even seeing the dash lights on.

As for the fog lights, i bet they were just big rectangular lights that either hung from the bumper or were mounted on top of the bumper... it was the 70's.