someone tryed steeling my ratsun

... as for fuel... its a manual fuel pump so no way to cut that off that i know of...

1. Get a fuel tank switching valve for a truck with multiple tanks, hook up your existing tank to one side and cap the other one - with the switching valve turned to the non-existant tank, the fuel supply is shut off.

2. Get an electric fuel line shut off valve and install it either back at the tank (preferable - no one can see it there) or under the hood and run the power lead to a switched hot source via a hidden shut-off switch in the cab somewhere.

Either way, the end result is the same - with the fuel supply shut off, the engine can be started but will run only as long as it takes to burn the fuel in the carb's float bowl. If somebody manages to steal your truck, that means it will just about make it to the middle of the street before it stalls and won't restart. Not many thieves will stay with a stolen vehicle that's stalled in traffic - attracts too much attention.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol!!! i never even saw this. but i'll add to it. in 1994 or 95, i had a 1971 Lincoln continental. beautiful car but it was broken. toasted seized 460. so i would work on it with the radio on, i know not smart but hey i was young and dumb. cant say much i still do that.... but back on track, i had been working on tearing the motor apart to figure out why it wasn't turning over. had the intake and carb sitting on the passenger floor board and the air cleaner on the seat with the heads on the rear floor. i had forgoten to yank hte keys out of the iggy. that night my neighbor, across the street, was out for a smoke. he was standing in front of his S-10 in the shadows. he saw 2 guys walk up to my Linc, get in adn try to start it. needless to say it cranked about 13 turn and stopped. they kept trying for about 5 min or so and nothing worked... hmmmm you would think that the entire top end of teh motor INSIDE the car would give you a hint. he was rolling when they got out and punched the hood. told me the next day what had happened and i found no dents. some people are just stupid.

Haven't had anyone try to steal/break into mine when I have owned it. It was broken into when it had a bunch of ricer garb (flashy lights in cab, neon inside cab, radio with un-needed features, etc), but nothing while it's been in my ownership...luckily. :D I have a security system and I know that wont stop them nowadays so that fuel shut off valve doesn't sound like a bad idea...