maybe getting a wagon

dat620

hey ya'll, i have a choice opprotunity coming my way and need your help, i posted under the goons post some questions and i need you all to answer for me, if possible today friday, as i am going back saturday to try and finalize the deal, i am not too computer literate and do not know how to post and copy, but if you go to the last page of goon post you will find mine, thx again for all the help.:)

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno... name what you think you want to spend. Its kinda hard to give you a range on something we can't really see.

From the sound of it... everything runs...rust free/minimal rust and complete...$2000 and see what he says.

Fellow Goons...care to chime in and help out another prospective Goon Squad member?

hey all my datto peeps, i came across an opprotunity today, discovered a 71 510 goon, already has front end z suspension, has a good l16 with a 4speed, lowered, has the z wheels (swastica style wheels)it is real simular to drummerboy's wagon, has the butterscotch paint, needs a good cleaning and buff job, interior is ok, needs headliner, some one switched seats to some stlye that looks like ez chair recliners( front seats only) rear seat still og. it is an az car, so no rust that i can see outside, i will ck it over better on saturday, what else should i look for as far as body wise and suspension, the guy who has it now did motor, trans, suspension about 2- 2.5 yrs ago, car starts and runs, he is an ase certified mech, and he said it will run like a top when we strike a deal, my question i have for u is, what should i offer, as i said it is all og outside body wise, just the normal age wear and tear, very few dents and dings, one dent left fender front upper corner, other than that fairly straight, almost all interior there cept for ugly front seats, missing headliner, but he has all the bows and whatever else is needed as far as trim pieces, all other interior pieces are there, what do u all feel it is worth, i don't want to low ball him and i don't want to go to high either, he asked me to pick a price, but as he said he is also a datsun fan, he has a 71 521 p/u, and a 1200 2door coupe, and has been around the datto scene for a few years localy here in phx az. he will be joining us shortly as a ratsun member, and will be joining us here in phx as a desert datsun member, give me some serious responses, thx ya'll tom, oh yea it also has complete working a/c .

Sounds like a nice wagon

i dunno... name what you think you want to spend. Its kinda hard to give you a range on something we can't really see.

From the sound of it... everything runs...rust free/minimal rust and complete...$2000 and see what he says.

Fellow Goons...care to chime in and help out another prospective Goon Squad member?

Like he said no pic's it's hard to judge. But $1500-2000. Is a good start. But how much do you have to spend?

thats the whole thing, it's not so much a money issue, as a insult issue, i just met the guy and he seems to have a pretty good outlook on everything, he's not really trying to sell the wagon, but we got to talkin, and u know how that goes, one thing led to another and know i'm thinkin of buyin a wagon, i just tried to find the most closest looking wagon and that would be drummer boy's, same overall condition. i was thinkin between 1500 - 2000, i'll shoot from the hip and start at 1400 and go from there. thx any and all help needed.:D

Whoa, hey, wait a minute.....Your contemplating buying a 510 wagon and didn't even tell me? So do I already know who the seller is? Thought I knew most of the 510 peeps in Phoenix. Would love to see a pic of it. The wagons rock, I used to own the purple one that's part of our Desert Datsuns club now. If it's running and driving now you'll have no excuse *not* to bring a Datsun to the events. If things go well, drag it to the next meet on the 13th.

I think judging by the jacked front seats, missing headliner, I'm just guessing that it may need some work. With that said, I think your ballpark price offer is reasonable. Without a pic to see, it's hard to say what top dollar is.

When I sold the purple one, it was originally factory tan in decent shape, had working A/C, EFI on a sss L-18 and 5 speed. Interior wasn't perfect, but was in pretty decent shape, and all original. It sold for $2k.

yea, it's a guy i kinda met thru a mutual friend,it's a mech that he knows who has a small shop down the street here in glendale, i rolled by there last nite and we got to talkin dattos and one thing led to another, next thing ya know i'm talkin bout buyin a goon, alex is his name, and he currently has a 71 521 p/u with a buick gran national v6 turbo motor in it, all ready in and done and running, but it has sat for bout 2 yrs, he starts it every 3-4 months, also has the wagon, and a 1200 2 door coupe, he's interested in gettin on here at ratsun, and also desert datsuns, he saw our add on craigslist, pretty cool guy and great attitude, he was into the datto scene here for a few years then same thing as all of us, the z car guys got snooty, ya know what i mean...:D

Ohh, funny, I know that 521. Saw it for sale at Good Guys a few years back, and *seriously* contemplated buying it. Is it still ugly with a really wide rear axle? I'm assuming there's only one Datsun 521 with a GN turbo engine in Phoenix. Definitely get him on board and encourage him to meet up with us at the meets.

Well if you do get the 510, I have lots of parts. Working on the paint for mine this weekend, hoping to have it painted and on the road by our next meet.

yes, yes, and yes, same truck although axle did not look too wide, looked out of place with 300zx wheels on back and stock six lugs on front, he is very interested in both ratsun and desert datsuns, we'll talk more tommorrow, we'll wait and see what happens.:thumbup:

still in negotiations, it will happen,hey pac,maybe not a 72 incher, we'll see. mainly gettin it as a cruiser for the wife, i got way to many toys, and not enough cash or time for them, still gettin used to this company buy out and wage change, but i thank GOD that i still have a job, could be worse, but i know my LORD's got my back, offers on the table, we'll see what happens over the next few days.:D