wheel fitting on a 510 wagon and wheels for sale

murderwagon

my 1970 wagon is dropped 2" and I'm looking at a set of 15x8 wheels with a 0 offset if someone could tell me if they will fit i don't want to cut anything my car is flawless and under 30k original miles so not a chop up car i wouldn't mind rolling it a bit and if they will fit what size tires should i run. also selling my old school magnesium 13x8 5 spoke mags some one told me they are enkeis not sure thou anybody interested? thanks for the help

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15x8's with a 50 series sidewall should fit if you're only dropped 2"... but it will poke like crazy, and look retarded. To fit an effective 7.5 +0, I had to hammer and pull the fenders to fit over the wheel.

Go for 7 +0, it would look much better on a clean Goon.

depending on strut!!!!!!!

510 strut? +22,+25mm or 280ZX strut you want like +12 or +15

I say get the Rotas, cheap ,looks good

510 strut 15x7 +25mm with 195 50s or 195 45s(yes they make them)

280zx strut +15 I think the Roats are

In Panasports the 15x6 +22 is a sure fit on both as the rim is a inch less.

JLB Motorsports had them for 465 shipped

wagon rear are harder to roll.

15x8's with a 50 series sidewall should fit if you're only dropped 2"... but it will poke like crazy, and look retarded. To fit an effective 7.5 +0, I had to hammer and pull the fenders to fit over the wheel.

Go for 7 +0, it would look much better on a clean Goon.

I swear to you i have an ungodly amount of space with 15x7+0 and a 195 50 15 lol

If i were sitting up a few inches, I'd agree... but when the suspension goes up, the space becomes less and less, since the wheel well is curved. A lot of the space I have is caused by trying to pound in the upper area, and the lower area following its path.

Here's how it sat without the pull

02-09-08_1739.jpg

15x7 -12 with 195/50/15. If I tried going an extra inch, even stretching 205's, I think it'd look silly because you can't go low enough to make it look tough.

alot of your guys problem is your stuck on 195 50 15's and 205's

drop to a 185 60 or a 185 55 in the rear

and i run a 175 55 15 up front

i know i have a 2dr (and diff cuz the camber) but when i had my same set up (15-7 drags with 0 offset) on 195s i had to do alot of cutting to the rear

now on my new car i droped to a 185 60 and did a light roll and have no issues so a LIL bit of tire strech goes alog way if you dont want to hack your car!!!!

soo yeah i would go with a 15/7 0 offset with 185 and a light roll you should be fine

185 60 on a 15-7 0 offset

chriscampics122.jpg

now if you want to run that rim size all around you will need zx struts and brakes for sure to fit that on the front with out sticking out 2 inches past the wheel well

and and for all the tires shops that told me they dont make a 175 55 15 :fu:

factory tire size for the rear of a smart car

thanks to the dude on here with the green rag top goon for turning me on to those tires!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

chriscampics119-1.jpg

Edited by JDM510

thanks to the dude on here with the green rag top goon for turning me on to those tires!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the props jdm510! Love the DR20s. I wish I could fit 15x7+0s in the rear. Yours makes me want to have my axle narrowed:drool: The 185/60/15s are a good idea as well.

How much backspacing is available on the wagons? Are the leaf springs the first obstacle, or the bed of the trunk, or something else. Its been over a decade since I had a wagon. and I never modded it.

I have tons of room inside but with as low as I have the rear, the most i can fit are 15x6.5 +25 and they are still really close to the fender when I am aired out. I may do some inner fender surgery (ie: cut and weld, not hammer) to run some deeper lip wheels one of these days.