a dollar to the man who guess what i got today

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Damn Damn

i thought it would be harder than that. it was free and its been used once, i found a guy who collects dynos, and will sell me a set of rollers for $800. the cradle it is sitting in was for shipping apparently. also the programing has already been started so that i can run it off of Labview/matlab/excel. it will be a fun addition to the garage

Edited by Velvetpants57

Haha, some of the guesses are cracking me up.

The way a water brake works, to my understanding, is that the dyno is attached to the crank of the motor, the motor is revved, and water is added to the dyno until it holds the engine at a steady rpm, calculating the power. Circulating the water in/out keeps the dyno cool, and the pressure that the rotor moves against the water in the dyno measures the torque.

I might be slightly off on that, but I think it's a pretty basic description?

you have a relitively correct definition of a water break. all it does is provide a known quantity of resistance from which, with the pressure transducers, we can calculate produced torque, then hp. this one was set up to be connected to a wheel roller. yet again i plan on doing some programing so i can use it as a chassis dyno. running just the motors it can read up to 800 hp and tq. using rollers i will be able to read up to i think 450 hp 400 torque.

To answer the first question. im going to dyno everything in sight. that bike in the background is an atk 406 cross country. next to it is an xr650r set up for desert racing, followed by a cr250, and finally another atk 406 and a husqvarna 610 wxe. and yes they are all getting dynoed. then the cars, hell everyones cars. it will be cool. its a bitch getting that many dirbikes into your kitchen, on the second floor