Mukuni carb is spittin gas when reving can someone help?

bigjoe619

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

talk to todd at wolf creek racing (google it), it sounds like you need a set of venturi gaskets, he should have them in stock, you can call him or email him, give him till monay or tuesday if you email him, he races on the weekends, he is very knowledgeable, good luck

my 44mm mukuni is spitting a fog of gas when i rev the motor i soda blasted the carb and it still drips through the venture it only spits through the berrel that is on the 4th piston what can i do to fix it?

hey post some pics of your carbs at different angles, i have a set of 44mm i am working on, i gave soda blasting a thought, im curious as to how it turned out

Could possibly be an accelerator jet installed incorrectly. If the fuel squirters are pointing the wrong way, they will squirt fuel out of the carb instead of into the motor.

I only have good things to say about Todd at Wolf Creek though. I have delt with him on several occations and the customer service is great, not to mention how knowledgable he is.

open the carb top cover that goes to #4

make sure the Jet block is screwd down all the way?????? put a big screw river on there and make sure all the jets air jets and tight. mine comes loose every few months.

then remove the air cleaner and look at the inner venturi(horn) and make sure it does not wiggle whn you put your figer on there. This will cause cut out like its running out of gas @ higher RPM

i have noticed that when i rev the motor u can see like smoke comming from the carb i have taken the jets out and soda blasted the carb and put everything back in but it seems to leak a lil less but can it be a valve issue with the number 4 pistion on the exhaust valve that is causing the carb to spit gas. its like a fog stray and inside of that barrel is kinda wet at the begining before i cleaned it the carb would drip on the header i am barely puttin this car back together after around 3 years and i wanna drive it bad but i want it to last so if anyone can help id appreciate it thanks in advance

p.s. the venturi seems to be tight

Put the head back on the car and bolted everything up and everything sounds really good hopefully i will get my exhaust done tomorrow. i have a old school turbo II muffler and i wanna run a 2.25 in exhaust with a flange rite before the rear end and rite after the header so i can pull the piece of pipe whenever i need to pull the tranny.