40th anniversary street chopper magazine show /party

I wanted to post this for Steroid. Last weekend was the street chopper magazine show/party in San bernadino CA. Steroid & a few of his freinds from Kingman Arizona along with about 400 other bikes attended. Theres alot of history involved here which ill let Steroid explain later. Heres a link to the event w/ pix....

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59560&highlight=denvers+choppers

I wanted to post a few pics of Mike riding his Denver's chopper for the 1st time since 1985 !

14l3500.jpg

a0w460.jpg

2e1y9zs.jpg

259cqxs.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I should just shoot myself. I had one of the denver bikes back in the late 70's. With a triumph 650 motor. Sold it to buy a freakin cafe racer. :(

At the time I had no idea what I had.:mad:

You have to love the old school bikes. No front brakes and drum on the back.

Edited by datrod
John we've all got a "wish i still had it " story or 2...:D Mike knows about this thread & will add all of the history & tie in's next time hes on.

Mike should have his own program on the history channel.:D

Hi Guys,

Finally a free moment. I had started another thread here on Ratsun about the "Denver connection". A lot of the same artists (Bobby Kossey for one) worked not only on Denver's bikes but the Fontana trucks. This thread actually should be incorporated into the prior one to keep from duplicating information. Anyway, a Denver's bike was about the same price back then as a 620, about $4,000.00. Starting a family then made the ones I drooled over in Denver's showroom out of reach. However, this one became available when I did body work on , get this, the owner's 620. I molded in, shaved and installed accessorys on His kingcab and He traded Me this bike for the work. I really never came close to parting with it but it was torn down in 1985. Until last Saturday, this was My first ride, yes in devore. I'll try to find the other thread later to put it's link on here but the "connection" is very significant. My bike is sorta' an "odd duck" and I am still trying to piece together information. The pipes that You see are also a "one off" item it seems. They go from 1 to 4 and 2 to 3 which are very odd I am told. Also the frame and a 500 instead of the more commonly built 750's and Kawa's. My bike is like no other but also similar as Denver assembled it. I believe it was built in 1981. The motor is a 1972.

Edited by Steroid
correction.