Bill Michael's Datsun

ggzilla

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he is some old dude now. Steroid will know who he is and what he did back in the day.:D

"next big thing" to hit O.C. in the early 70's, right after modified VW's peaked. When I got out of the Navy and returned to north Orange County to start college (Fullerton JC) in 1969, I was deep into hot VW's and was already one of the older guys at 22 - I'm 62 now, so that would make most of the guys that were into Mini trucks in the 70's at least 5-10 years younger......

"next big thing" to hit O.C. in the early 70's, right after modified VW's peaked. When I got out of the Navy and returned to north Orange County to start college (Fullerton JC) in 1969, I was deep into hot VW's and was already one of the older guys at 22 - I'm 62 now, so that would make most of the guys that were into Mini trucks in the 70's at least 5-10 years younger......

Damn I thought I was old. I was into VW's back in the 70's like 74-76. I lived in fullerton back in the 80's Right behind the ketchup plant. Man did that shit stink. I still to this day don't really like ketchup.:eek:

Bill Michael's truck was named "Black Water" after the Doobie Brothers song. It was also one of the very first trucks to have stuff molded in. The pinstriping was one line of blue and another line of red. Black crushed velvet on the interior stood out also. Another fine truck that I wonder what ever happened to it. I can later scan some photos from Truckin' to add.