Questions on a dime

I found a guy that is selling a 72 two door dime. the thing has rust thru the floor boards and the thing that gets me is that he takes it for rally racing because he just told me. he wants 3000 and the car is no where near worth that in my eyes. if I was the buy it what would you look for since he uses it to go rally racing and runs it hard when he is on the highway. has no cage or anything other then the car being jack up a bit with bigger tires. I'm sure there are other rust spots but he told me there isn't anymore. What are you input on stuff that I should look for in this car?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what I told him that car wasn't what you think it is. He thinks he has a super fly mobile because he does all that and it hasn't left him stranded. I told him that he will soon if he keeps up with that style on that poor car. I got a good feeling its a matter of time before that poor frame goes crunch from all the stress of him doing that and he said he does jumps to. so that right there flagged it big time. poor dime. there getting scarce and people keep trashing them. I hope to find one soon

here is the pictures he sent me with his phone. Don't call him because he don't know I'm posting this but I want everyone to see the car for yourselves.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/?mivt=ZEurPvmwmmameaNLz7fU&shareName=MMS

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/?mivt=IEurPimFmPhjlLjUkUeL&shareName=MMS

this is how I found him. look what it says in his ad. Look at the pictures and do you think honestly he will get what he wants. He didn't want to tell me but as soon as I question about the mud thats when he told me. I'm not trying to pick a bone or talk bad about this guy but all he would brag about was how much more rare his car was to my 85 Capri RS 302 Five speed car. I was going to trade him but after those pictures and what he does. I've changed my mind and I'm not going any where near that poor car.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1436808809.html

Hey skibby send me or post pictures of your car please. I would love to see what yours looks like. I've been looking for one and would love to get one reasonably that I can drive back to Texas if not this winter but by spring I can go and get it drive it home safe with smashing it since the weather is going for the worst here soon

Hey skibby send me or post pictures of your car please. I would love to see what yours looks like. I've been looking for one and would love to get one reasonably that I can drive back to Texas if not this winter but by spring I can go and get it drive it home safe with smashing it since the weather is going for the worst here soon

I think ya miss read :confused:

I just bought a 510 goon for $900 (runs like a top and the heater works :D)

PA210029.jpg

PA210032.jpg

You one lucky goon I mean owner, haha. I hope to find something like that soon or a 510 in general. Something in much better shape for less money then this guy was asking. he wanted my 85 Capri RS and a thousand dollars I was like no thank you. not worth it. Maybe if I'm on here longer I will get lucky enough to find one