2 more 720's to my collection

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.....but I found those about 6 months ago.

An (84?) truck was sitting in a wreckers pile about 6 deep.

I crawled in there and spotted those 'wood' door panels....was rather pleased

Never seen those before.

The interior was mint.....and yet ironically.....I could still not yet touch...:lol:.....too tight of a spot.

Anywho.....

Talked to the owner of the yard about removing the vehicles above to gain access.

...........He broke his leg prior when the forklift fell over removing a car from the pile...... for someone else:lol:

Negative.....he wouldn't do it.

So I left my phone number etc......

To say the least....was not impressed after the fact

The pile is gone.

The door skins had the same finish as this...Was also an ST with sunroof on site

Poop

P1160043.jpg

Edited by Sealik

You need to talk to your local wreckers and request they leave the 720s aside for a few days for you to look at them. I have a few wreckers that do it for me, i just make sure i buy something off each one so its worth their time. Thats why i have 10 dash clusters i will never use

I dont have a rear defogger so no use for the switch other than looks.

Do you have a factory clock for the 80-82 720s with the square cluster like that? If so how much

Damn...... My friend just killed one of those to retrofit the mechanical part to his 240z clock... i was an easy swap... dont tell the 240 guys

Damn...... My friend just killed one of those to retrofit the mechanical part to his 240z clock... i was an easy swap... dont tell the 240 guys

lol figures!

I don't need it, just thought it would be cool to have the clock. I'm not really willing to pay much for one. I have the factory tach in my new 80 4x4, oil pressure and voltmeter.

none of the above. A factory brushguard looks like the ones on the youtube "major motion" commercials.

Another neat thing is that the difference between the "factory installed" and "dealer installed" is that the factory used a different lower valance. If you were to use a factory brushguard on a standard 720 the lower valance would need to be trimmed. Ironically the very very last of the 86 720s all had the lower valance for the factory brushguard... even the 2WDs!!! I will try to dig up pics to show proof

so do you have one of those factory clocks? if so how much

Not for the 82 and prior.....83+.....yes.

Retrofitted an 82 clock into a 85 cluster....

Different shapes....not a good fit.....was trying to find a pic.

Edited by Sealik

Actually....the last pic (guard), I had to notch the mounting brackets to fit around my lower valance.

I believe it is factory..?..and off a 82 4x4

Shall snap a pic tomorrow.

Had a Bosch 3500lb winch and a control box mounted underneath the hood.

Still have it.

The winch might of been installed at the dealer....but the guard looks almost factorishhhh.

Edited by Sealik

ok if you had to notch it then maybe it is a factory one. The factory brushguard is the same mounting from 80-86, that may explain why nissan just changed the valance for the brushguard option in 83 rather than change the brushguard they allready had for 3 years. A factory setup is very rare.

Nope....the ST dash has a brushed aluminum finish like this.

That ('wood dash') was out of a 84 4x4 reg cab, long box.

P8050062.jpg

My truck has the orangeish colored brown interior and was absolutely horrific looking with the silver S/T dash insert. I tossed it in favor if a base model dash with no insert at all