Solve a Rubiks Cube

AtomChurch

I will not be posting the algorithms for the steps. There are many different ones for each step, this is simply the order of steps to solve the cube. If you can't figure it out on your own, then I am sorry. You will probably have to ask someone who does know to teach you or cheat. No you can't take the stickers off they will not go back on.

Step One: Find a Rubiks Cube

DSC06679.jpg

Step Two: Solve one side. [designate this side as "top"]

DSC06680.jpg

Step Three: Solve First Layer.

DSC06681.jpg

If you notice the sides around the "top" are not matching, meaning we need to orientate the top layer so that the first side layer matches. The top layer and the first layer are connected [they share the same cube] and must be moved together.

DSC06682.jpg

Step Four: Solve Second Layer.

If you notice at the end of step three you have the top, the first layer and the centers of the second layer completed. This is because the centers on the rubiks cube DO NOT move. The center colour is the final colour of that side. To finish the second layer you need to orientate the edges of the second layer with out changing the first layer. To do this you must "mess up" the first layer and bring it back with the second layer pieces in the correct place. [You can't solve the cube without doing a maneuver that makes the cube appear to me more messed up then you just had it.]

DSC06683.jpg

Step Five: Bottom and Third Layer Corners.

I flip the cube over on this step, I know some people who can't flip it upside down because it messes them up. Do what you can handle.

DSC06684.jpg

If you notice in this picture the corner for the RED/GREEN side is not the red/green corner. You need to move all the corners to their respective spots. [They do not need to be rotated the correct way yet.] Here is what it will look like with you finish this step.

DSC06686.jpg

DSC06687.jpg

DSC06688.jpg

That is three corners in their correct spots. The fourth on only has one corner to be in so it is correct also. [i forgot to take a picture of it]

Step Six: Rotate the Corners.

This is what the bottom of the cube looks like before you do the rotating.

DSC06693.jpg

And when you are finished with the corners.

DSC06694.jpg

DSC06708.jpg

The third layer with still not be completed. There will still be three or four incorrect places in it.

Step Seven: Orientate Bottom Edges.

You have to move the edges to where they belong on the bottom of the cube.

You usually end up with one of these two ending cubes.

"The Fish Pattern"

DSC06695.jpg

DSC06696.jpg

"The H Pattern"

Step Eight: Rotate Centers.

This step is overlook be MANY people. You cannot see the centers rotating when you solve the cube UNLESS you have a picture cube [a rubiks cube with photos on it] OR you have marked them such as I have. There are two ways the centers can be off.

180 Degrees.

DSC06699.jpg

90 Degrees.

DSC06705.jpg.

Centers Solved.

DSC06700.jpg

DSC06706.jpg

The cube is now fully solved.

DSC06711.jpg

DSC06712.jpg

Edited by AtomChurch
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Atom!

I had a friend that could solve one in under 30 seconds. I could never do it myself, unless I moved the stickers or took it apart and re-assembled it :rolleyes:

I remember being able to do the "tic-tac-toe" pattern, the "H-pattern" and the "bulls eye" pattern, but that's it.

Do the same rules apply for the "higher-order" Rubiks puzzles?

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zb3VyY2VvbmVnaWZ0cy5jb20vczFnL2ltYWdlcy9pdGVtcy8xOC0yODE5OC5qcGc===.jpg

Sweet Atom!

I had a friend that could solve one in under 30 seconds. I could never do it myself, unless I moved the stickers or took it apart and re-assembled it :rolleyes:

I remember being able to do the "tic-tac-toe" pattern, the "H-pattern" and the "bulls eye" pattern, but that's it.

Do the same rules apply for the "higher-order" Rubiks puzzles?

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zb3VyY2VvbmVnaWZ0cy5jb20vczFnL2ltYWdlcy9pdGVtcy8xOC0yODE5OC5qcGc===.jpg

There is a 4x4 cube called rubiks revenge. and the 5x5 called the professors cube. [they are starting to make bigger ones now too] the 4x4 is solved differently since there is no direct center. and once you learn how to do the centers on the bigger cubes and then the edges you can solve any size it is just a matter of time.

They also make a 2x2 cube which is fun to play with but really really simple.

oh, i thought you just pulled the stickers off and put them in order :lol::fu:

I wish. I bet my brother once I could solve it and he said I bet you can't. haha. I pulled the stickers off but the material they are made out of gets ruined when you do that. So i lost. I had to drive him around all week.

My best time on a standard cube is 1:30. I can solve the Rubick's Revenge in about 15 minutes (with the hints manual):(.

I've got a Professor's Cube, but it is scary to behold.

I was playing with my professor cube when I first got it and I was watching tv at the same time and I messed it up! haha. I was pissed. I wanted to try and figure some things out first before I started from scratch.

• 2 weeks later...

I can do the 3x3 in 1:23 (my best time... got lucky on that one). I can solve the 4x4 up to the last few steps and then I have to cheat by looking at a chart.

I like the 2x2 cuz it helps you focus on your corner algorithms. I haven't tried a 5x5 yet though.

I have the cube sitting at my desk at all times. I found this game too that is sitting by my desk I found it at a flee market:

DriveYaNuts_350x299.jpg

It is easy if you know how to solve it, but not so easy if you have just seen it.