• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, here's some shots of the huge 657cc N/A engine:

Engine_3.jpg

Engine_1.jpg

I put on some MASSIVE 175/70/13 all season radials on some 13x5.5" steelies and got me some baby moonies to run too! Looks even more like a VW now!

New_Shoes.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Wheres the motor Jason :lol::blink::eek:

Is it all the hoses etc?:lol:

If it were a camper van might think its the poop shoot :eek::lol::P

How do you like the new ride?

The wheel and tire combo looks great!!:thumbsup:

Sucker's a little slow to get going Lou, but, once she get's going it's OK until you hit a hill! I saw the turbo version today, holy cow, that's gotta be the smallest turbo I've ever seen, 'bout the size of a tomato paste can ....

The wheels sure work better, the odometer and speedometer are now only 1% off, low at that too! I can get an honest 100km out of her on a flat stretch of highway now. Only problem is with them is that they raised the body up another 1.75" so now I'm gonna have to mess with the springs when I get a chance!

Just got my 3 cylinder tach in so I get to install that and a stereo this weekend I think!

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Sucker's a little slow to get going Lou, but, once she get's going it's OK until you hit a hill! I saw the turbo version today, holy cow, that's gotta be the smallest turbo I've ever seen, 'bout the size of a tomato paste can ....

The wheels sure work better, the odometer and speedometer are now only 1% off, low at that too! I can get an honest 100km out of her on a flat stretch of highway now. Only problem is with them is that they raised the body up another 1.75" so now I'm gonna have to mess with the springs when I get a chance!

Just got my 3 cylinder tach in so I get to install that and a stereo this weekend I think!

I bet the mileage is great tho Jason!!

The wheels,Do they make it a bit to top heavy?

I still like it, its different,And looks ole school(who says you cant teach ole school ;)):blink:

Old school for old dudes Lou, that's me alright :)! The milage is a little worse now, with the taller/bigger tires, I've been giving her more gas to get going through the bottom 3 gears :lol:, means I now keep up with traffic, mostly :blink: ...

Raising the van gives it a higher centre of gravity, partially offset by the wider track and bigger contact patch. It now means when I go over, I'm going to get less warning :blink: .... I've now got 10.5" rocker clearance to the ground for this winter, of course I'll need to remove the ground effects front and rear though so I won't rip them off in the snow!

No matter, I'm looking at upgrading the springs from the stock 160lb to 225 lb and lowering it back down by using a 10" tall spring. Won't be anytime soon though, got bills to pay first from fixing the darn thing up ...

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Old school for old dudes Lou, that's me alright :)! The milage is a little worse now, with the taller/bigger tires, I've been giving her more gas to get going through the bottom 3 gears :lol:, means I now keep up with traffic, mostly :blink: ...

Raising the van gives it a higher centre of gravity, partially offset by the wider track and bigger contact patch. It now means when I go over, I'm going to get less warning :blink: .... I've now got 10.5" rocker clearance to the ground for this winter, of course I'll need to remove the ground effects front and rear though so I won't rip them off in the snow!

No matter, I'm looking at upgrading the springs from the stock 160lb to 225 lb and lowering it back down by using a 10" tall spring. Won't be anytime soon though, got bills to pay first from fixing the darn thing up ...

Well dont wanna rush into these things Jason!(keeping up with traffic):blink:

Well may need the 10.5 " of clearance,Never know!!

Stiff slow ride?? Hmm sounds like my ex wife :lol::lol::eek:

Hey now Lou, don't be jinxing us yet :D! Sealick posted up the first snowfall I've seen in BC already, I don't want much of that stuff down here this time around man :eek:! At least I'm ready for it.

I'm having the A/C converted to that new freon free stuff next week, seems like the heater core is a little plugged up. I forgot to take a picture, but, the A/C condensor, the rad and the heater core make up a neat little sandwich in the front of the van behind the "VW" symbol. If you gotta service one, you gotta service them all and since I can't do A/C I'm being lazy and having the shop do it all at once.

Say, isn't your X around me here some place in Ditchmond :eek:!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

:lol:Dont wanna jinx us yet !!

I saw that sealick had snow,The weather people say we may get mixed precip:blink:

Upgrading the a/c Jason,How does the rad get air flow?:blink:

Last I heard the ex was there(been some years now tho)Actually had a letter from the powers that be asking if I knew where she was a month or so ago(seems to haved dropped off the face of the earth:lol::cool:,bitch that she is)

Yup, cold, wet weather is here again. I'm hoping the kids have a decent Saturday night for trick or treat though. We don't need the snow any sooner than we have too!

Well, the setup looks goofy to me, I'll take a picture next time I have the front off, the A/C condensor is bolted to the front of the rad, the electric fan is bolted to the rear of the rad lower portion and the heater core is above the fan ....

Well, at least she's not around me any more!