510 wagon rear disc brake brackets! YEA!!!

jesusno2

Now us goon squad fellas will be able to enjoy rear disc brakes, just like the sedan squad! i'm prototyping theses on my own wagon right now. their 100% bolt on without having to press off axle bearings etc. LOWERING BLOCK OF 2INCH is required or the caliper will hit the spring or be very close to it. The factory backing plates have to be removed however you please. hammer, torch, whatever. setup for later model 280 zx calipers and matching rotors (late model being 82 and up that uses the .390 thick rotor. I'm still fine tuning the design right now. they will be 2 parts one welded outer peice(actuall bracket) and the spacer for the bearing. soon as i have the bugs worked out they will be lazer cut from 1/4 inch mild steel and tig welded (maybe mig havent got that far yet.) dunno what price will be yet about in the 160 range maybe less depends on how they sell or if i powdercoat,paint or them or leave them bare metal. Here is a teaser pic for ya while i was setting them up on my wagon, and after i figured out spacing angles etc. E brake should be compatible might just need a few brackets to hook it up.

IMG00109-20091017-1215_thumb.jpg

Edited by jesusno2
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im unsure of wheel size right now i only got 15inch swazis on my car they clear those. i finished up my protype bracket about 20 min ago now just have to draw it all out fine tune it in auto cad (well beebani does im auto cad retarded) and cut and weld em! then i will have a exact price for anyone interested. in bare steel.

they sould clear 14 inchers na zxs have 14 inchers stock and the front stuff clears 14 inch wheels

good point. i found a 14 inch wheel and will check that soon as they get all drawn up etc i need to make a fixture for welding them still anyways.

Not to shabby. I wanted discs and all the shit for sedans won't work. Early 200sx requires modification to work right plus zx rear brake parts seem fairly easy to get. And no mix matching parts. Only down fall is lowereing blocks have to be used, or 4 link suspension, Or I'm pretty sure the calipers will hit the springs.

Could they be made one piece and eliminate the welding?

Not claiming to know anything but I think that making them out of a single piece of material would greatly increase the cost of the piece. Considering it's cut from 1/4 inch thick pieces you'd have to start with (assuming my math is correct) a 1/2 inch thick piece and cut it down. More work, more material, more waste.

Then again I could be wrong.

Not claiming to know anything but I think that making them out of a single piece of material would greatly increase the cost of the piece. Considering it's cut from 1/4 inch thick pieces you'd have to start with (assuming my math is correct) a 1/2 inch thick piece and cut it down. More work, more material, more waste.

Then again I could be wrong.

I think your right. Lot's of mill work to make it one piece = more $$$$

And we own datsuns so that makes us cheap bastards right out of the gate.

This is true, keeping the cost down is a big concern. Besides welded parts are still just as strong (when I weld them) as far as different axles go I have never seen a difference, and I've done about a years worth of research before building these. I belive with the willwood caliper there is no offset, so their would be no welding (I think don't quote me on that) it depends on the caliper i'm sure. but if you had a set of willwood calipers, and rotors i could make a braket my bearing spacer will work the same just need a outer bracket.

Edited by jesusno2