any datsuns in bc for sale?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is always something for sale. its just what you want and how much you have to spend.

there was a nice wagon for $3k-ish - it didn't sell and went to ebay - not sure what happened. there is a very good project 510 2dr in Kelowna, but i think its overpriced at the same money as the wagon - and it has no motor/trans and requires much work.

winters here now, lots of time for shopping!

Stuff's available up here, just few and far between. Bob's selling his 2 door in Kelowna, if it's as clean as I think it is it might be OK. Last clean 2 door shell here sold for 5K, didn't even hit the open market. 3K wagon, was that the red one from a couple of years ago?

a 2dr roller for 5K? well, if thats where the market is then colour me corrected! the red one in Kelowna is a quality car and worth every penny for sure. it looked like he was selling it with Compomotive rims as well - those are worth a few bucks on their own. The wagon was orangey-yellow - it had a small spot or 2 of primer around the rear side window. it might have been on the island, but it was for sale only a month or 2 ago. the guy was selling it without the aftermarket steering wheel.

I have to admit that that roller was a nice one, stripped to the metal, everything fixed, painted and stored for at least 10 years without being re assembled. I didn't have the space or shop for a complete restoration like that so I passed.

Crap, I missed seeing the wagon, not that I need another car! I would have liked to have seen it though.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The Wagon that was on epay,It did not meet the reserve.

Was a fairly solid one but did have some issues(not to bad)

Was imported from south of the 49th.

The Kelowna car is very solid,That car used to be in Victoria(former owner)

It has been in the state it is in now for at least 10 years(the last time I saw it in person )

Ah, no wonder I didn't see the 'goon Lou, I don't get on ebay until I have too ... Yah, Bob's car sure looks good, good thing I'm not too keen on any more projects, gotta keep fixing the current cars already!

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Ah, no wonder I didn't see the 'goon Lou, I don't get on ebay until I have too ... Yah, Bob's car sure looks good, good thing I'm not too keen on any more projects, gotta keep fixing the current cars already!

You do have your hands full Jason(yard too?:lol:)

Hitting the double digits with the fleet yet?

I snoop the bay once in a while just too see:blink:

Bobs car is a very decent start for sure,Too bad the guy that had it never finished it(he was a chronic 510er like us Jason):eek:

He was in a duplex and had I think 6 at one time:lol:

Whenever he found one would let me now about it etc,And if he sold any I was the first to get the call(sure glad not as chronic as I was :eek: in the 510 department):lol:

So Rich did the one in Victoria pan out for you?

Heh, no more for me Lou, I'm getting a newer winter beater I think (it's not gonna be a 510 either) so I can get through the snow better than last year and selling off my PIG of a GMC truck. Besides, I just blew the cooling system on the black 'goon and now I need to replace the rad, fans, etc ....

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Heh, no more for me Lou, I'm getting a newer winter beater I think (it's not gonna be a 510 either) so I can get through the snow better than last year and selling off my PIG of a GMC truck. Besides, I just blew the cooling system on the black 'goon and now I need to replace the rad, fans, etc ....

I did read that on the goon Jason (octoberfast)

Well park it for the winter and getter done ;)

Jason driving a newer vehicle :sneaky: (they soft and cushy :blush:)

You think we gonna get the same kind of winter as we did last year?:eek:

Heck, I don't know about that one Lou, I just figure that $125 to fill my truck was a little much these days! I'm looking at a little 4x4 van. I'll see tomorrow about it. Cushy huh, maybe even quiet, I forget what that's like in a car I'd drive ....

Yah, Octoberfast was really great, but, really hard on the 'goon, the list of stuff to fix now is Radiator, fans, injectors, heim joints, needle bearings, front coilover perch mounts, read disk brakes, heater .... Ah, it hurts just to think about it, got the rad on order and I hope to pick up the fans this weekend.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Heck, I don't know about that one Lou, I just figure that $125 to fill my truck was a little much these days! I'm looking at a little 4x4 van. I'll see tomorrow about it. Cushy huh, maybe even quiet, I forget what that's like in a car I'd drive ....

Yah, Octoberfast was really great, but, really hard on the 'goon, the list of stuff to fix now is Radiator, fans, injectors, heim joints, needle bearings, front coilover perch mounts, read disk brakes, heater .... Ah, it hurts just to think about it, got the rad on order and I hope to pick up the fans this weekend.

Yep filling a truck is costly:eek:

You looking at one of those little suzuki(or similar )vans? They are so neat..

You have a bit of work cut out for you Jason:blink:

Hope all this carnage did not result from Octoberfast!

Well, the cooling system came apart on me at Mission at the last stop so that's the damage from Octoberfast. The other stuff, well, it was gonna have to be done sooner or later and I may as well get on it. There's been so much stuff to fix on this car since I bought it, it's been a real bear just getting a handle on the electrical problems, but, since that's been solved I've been driving it and enjoying it! Bring it on!

Yah, I looking into one of those little Suzuki 4x4's. I figure if we get snow like we did last year, I'ma gonna need it. Problem is they are all slower than a 1600 automatic 510!

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Well, the cooling system came apart on me at Mission at the last stop so that's the damage from Octoberfast. The other stuff, well, it was gonna have to be done sooner or later and I may as well get on it. There's been so much stuff to fix on this car since I bought it, it's been a real bear just getting a handle on the electrical problems, but, since that's been solved I've been driving it and enjoying it! Bring it on!

Yah, I looking into one of those little Suzuki 4x4's. I figure if we get snow like we did last year, I'ma gonna need it. Problem is they are all slower than a 1600 automatic 510!

Well good thing its a Datsun Jason(easy fix even with the updates on it)

What is the ground clearance on them Suzuki's?

Slower than a 1600 auto yah say what about,Gordons stock 1600 seems to skoot along just fine and dandy

Rich another one popped up on craigs if the first one doesnt pan out

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1422798314.html

Edited by 510freak

Yah, I now good datsunhacker! Funny thing is I thought this car was already done ...

I gotta check the clearance, but, I'll bet it isn't all that much, the damn thing is a mid engine mount and the bits and pieces all hang pretty low. Funny thing is that they have a 4x114.3 bolt patter so Datsun stuff should fit. 13" stuff would be donkin' it already!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Yes it was done..

Its been some years since it had most of the work tho yeh?(other than when wtf(realm username) did the bodywork.)

Donkin a Suzuki(sambar?):eek:

I bet would do pretty good still in the snow,Short, narrow wheelbase(almost like a 1200 and they are awesome in the snow)

Yah, you're right, it's mostly stuff that was aged over the years, like the injectors starting to leak. Mind, the alternator was never wired in correctly so that took some head scratching. Crap, gotta air care the bugger too....

Nah, I'm looking at a Suzukin Carry Van tomorrow. Should be pretty neat, all of 660cc's of screaming fury on 145 80 12's .... God, I think my lawnmower has more power ....

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The alternator was never wired in right!:blink:

You were saying something about injectors when we had lunch a bit ago.

I am a bit suprised Jason K ,Did not even try to get his old goon back.

Carry vans are neat too.

660 CC's of fury Jason,The wind gently blowing in your hair :w00t:

Can you drive that on Highway 1 or the 99 ?:unsure:

I think Jason K misses the old girl alright, it's just that he's busy trying to finish his house right now so the time wasn't right for him ... No worries, I'll pass it back to him for the right price eh ;-)!

I got the thing up to 75K on Kingsway in 5th, sounded like a wailing banshee already. I think the tires make it a city car for now. I'm gonna think about trying some 175/70/13's on 510 steelies to get some more k's out of her for the highway. It's a good thing ditchmond is flat!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I am sure he does miss it,

Right price eh :sneaky: lol

Steelie 510 wheels yeh :thumbup:

I thought that Cam B ,said something about his not being abe to do, highway 1 or something like that with his Pickup version? :unsure:

Oh sure, there's a right price for everything don'cha know LOL! Lets face it, I have 3 'goons and as much fun as they are if you where to wave enough money at me I'd give one up eh?

Yah, but his carry is a 550cc 4 speed with 12" tires. One I'm looking at is 660cc with a 5 speed! 80 should be doable, but, where the hell to I get a aftermarket tachometer for a 3 cylinder motor?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

That there isthe right price for anything.

3 where'd the 3rd one come in :eek:

For sure 80 will be doable,:cool:

Hmm maybe get a tach for a Sprint :lol:

Yah, well I traded a friend a set of Formula 1, 8 spoke mags for this primered project ... Cripes, it's like I didn't have enough projects already ....

I found out that the Equus 6086 will work on anything up to a 12 hole motor, pretty funny!

It was an OK trade, lots of good parts too. Probaly needs a new dash harness for a later 'goon though. Heck, it's not going to be gotten too for awhile, it's under a tarp in storage right now.

Tach should be with 8000 rpm Lou, after all, that's all it's scaled for ;-)! Heck, I just wanna know where 5K is roughly ....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.