Mini rat bike chopper project (PICS!)

Well, Im underway with a vg30e swap in my dime. While waiting for Carter and Dave at VG30.com to finish my pan and pickup, and waiting for the parts I need to show up at the local pull a part I decided to take on a small side project......a RATBIKE.

My dad called and asked if I was interested in a 73 2 stroke enduro 125cc Yamaha. For months I said no, I had no room in the garage for it. He finaly said he was gonna toss it and after looking at some custom bobber bikes I decided what the hell, and picked it up. My neighbor said to restore it to perfect original condition, a buddy at work said get it running and use it as a beach camping bike. I figured a restored 73 Yami enduro isnt worth shit even prestine, how often am i gonna go to the beach and use this ugly thing and where am I gonna store it if I do? So instantly I had a vision and spent this week making it my own RATSUN RATBIKE

Bringing its ugly ass home to the chop shop....

bike.jpg

It didnt run as its been siting outside for three years....

First thing I did was start striping it, removed the old rusty rear shocks and bolted in tube steel for a rigid lowered frame. Extended the rear fender towards the ground.

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

Pulled the motor, bars, and electrical harness to clean up, paint and simplify

bike4.jpg

Disassembled the tripple tree and front end. Cut the steering tube and gave the frame a rake, rewelded it up

bike5.jpg

Painted all the shit flat black and high heat black, reinstalled engine and front end

bike6.jpg

Installed wiring, Ape hangers, headlight, Suicide shifter with clutch in lever, custom made springer bobber seat

bike7.jpg

Painted the rims red, added some skulls, mounted the old school plate renewed in 82, installed custom brake light

bike8.jpg

NEXT MODS....Custom exhaust, cut and Bob the rear fender and frame just behind springer seat, install new custom gas tank made from a mini hienikin beer keg painted flat black with old school pinstripe and lucky 13 numbers vintage, ad foot pegs higher up the frame, small mikuni carb foam filter, custom round barrel style oil inhjector canister (ITS A TWO STROKE WITH DUAL PLUGS, INCASE I FOWEL ONE ON THE TRAILS ha ha) Grind down all un used existing shit on frame, disassemble an repaint better....

WHATCH THINK, ITS JUST FOR FUN ALL IN A WEEKS TIME AFTER WORK, IM GONNA ROLL THIS BITCH TO WORK:):fu:

POOR MAD JAP CUSTOM

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic