SoCalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive

fairlady66

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear fellow Datsun enthusiast,

The 2nd Annual SoCalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive is November 7, 2009 and as it quickly approaches we are working hard to make sure everything is in place. As you can imagine, an event of this scale requires some attention to detail. Though our main purpose is to gather toys for the children, we want to make this a fun time for all and draw as many people in as we can; more people equals more toys.

Our sponsors have been gracious. Although their sponsorship is not in the form of funds, we do appreciate their much-needed support (more is still needed here as well). However, we are in need of some funds for this event. Our need is not huge; actually thanks to our sponsors and some club members volunteering, our needs are rather small compared to most events of this caliber. Nevertheless, we do have a need for this Toy Drive to be a success. Our funding goes towards a dual cause. First, we need money to pay for the expenses of the event. Second, we are holding this at the Datsun Heritage Museum. It is a non-profit organization and they are letting us use their facility for free. Therefore, any leftover funds will go to support the legacy that the museum is working so diligently to preserve.

If you can donate any amount, $10, $15, $20, $30, or $100 or more, it will go to a great cause and your name will be included on the card given with the toys when they are delivered. You can also designate your funds to buy a toy, just be sure to say so when making your donation.

Funds can be sent via PayPal directly to socalroc@gmail.com

http://www.paypal.com = socalroc@gmail.com

For more information on the 2nd Annual SoCalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive log onto: http://www.socalroc.net

Thank you for your support and showing that Ratsun owners care.

Yours truly,

Chris Breyer, President

SoCalROC

All inquiries can be directed to: SoCalROC at socalroc@gmail.com

We really enjoy our Datsun family and we are really excited and looking forward to the Show-N-Shine Toy Drive and having all of you join us.

We are having difficulty getting funds in a head of time to get the expenses paid for before the show. Our expenses are small, but they are still there. If anyone cares to donate a few $$$ it would be greatly appreciated. No amount is to small. 100% of funds go toward to the event. Pepsi Bottling Company is giving 8 cases of water to use for the event. We have a few raffle prizes but can use a few more. If your business makes a donation of either an item for the raffle or in funds, the business name will appear on our website Show-N-Shine Toy Drive advertisement with a link to your business website. The link will remain on our site for one month after the event is over. All donations will be mentioned in the event program given out at the show.

SO, if you wish to help on a personal level or as a business contact me or use PayPal, all fund through PayPal can be send to socalroc@gmail.com

Whether you can help out or not, we look forward to seeing you at the 2nd Annual SoCalROC Show-n-Shine Toy Drive, it won

Edited by fairlady66

Thanks for the compliment. I sure do love the Datsuns

Ok, I just fixed it and made it easier to fnd the Registration Flyer to Download.

If you have any problems let me know, or send me your email and I will email it to you as an attachment

Chris

socalroc@gmail.com

http://www.socalroc.net

Edited by fairlady66

We have a little less then a month to go until the SoCalROC 2nd Annual Show-N-Shine Toy Drive, and we are still in need of some funds, we need about $300 to get expenses paid before hand. Oh, the Show will go on, but it is MUCH more pleasurable if expenses are paid for in advance so nothing has to be cut out of the program. Our sponsors have given some great items for the raffles but no funds. So if you are able to help there is a PayPal account set up. All funds can be sent via PayPal to socalroc@gmail.com

To Show off your Datsun log onto: http://www.socalroc.net and download your registration form.

REMEMBER THIS SHOW IS ABOUT BRINGING IN TOYS FOR THE CHILDREN

We are excited about this years event, not only do we have a couple of great guests, but we know there is going to be some really Awesome Datsuns and their owners there as well. I have NEVER met a Datsun Owner I didn't like :)

Thanks for your help

Chris

We have added a new category for the Show-N-Shine Toy Drive. So that those Datsun Owners that feel their car is not nice enough to show, or for those that have totally rusted out unrestored cars, over the edge customs and other works in progress we have the category for you. "Diamond In The Rough". Datsuns entering this category MUST be highway safe and driven to the event. There will be one award given in the category and it will be a kind of a reverse win from the other categories. The award will go to the Roughest Diamond. To Download a registration form log onto: http://www.socalroc.net

Hurry and get your registration in, time is running out!

If you are not showing a car, please come out with the family, bring a Toy and enjoy the day.

Remember, this event is about Toys for the children at Shrinner's Crippled Children's Hospital

Edited by fairlady66

Registration Deadline is Approaching!

Deadline Change for early registration to October 30th!

If you have a busy schedule like I do, sometimes it is difficult to remember to get things mailed out at the end of the day. So, if this is the case you can site at your computer and register your car for the Show-N-Shine Toy Drive my filling out a registration form right on your computer and then email it in as an attachment. Your registration form will be processed as soon as the funds are received through PayPal.

So once you send off your registration form by email don't stop and go to lunch, you're not finished. Log onto http://www.paypal.com and send your registration fee to socalroc@gmail.com doing this can save you the extra money from paying on the day of the event.

All you will need to do at the event is Bring a Toy With You!

For registration form you can download it from http://www.socalroc.net or email me at socalroc@gmail.com and I will send you one.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Edited by fairlady66

We are getting close to the date! Things are revving up and looking like a great time is in store. I know allot of people will be registering their cars on the day of the event, which is fine. We just want you there. Since we know there will be those that do register that morning here is a deal for you; The first ten people that register their car the morning of the event will get their registration for the early registration price of $10. $15 is the price for late registration that it is a $5 savings.

There is going to be a lot of great raffle items and some great food by Martin’s Concessions, he serves nachos, Hot Dog and lots of great food. Martin's will be located on the backside of the Museum. Bring your Car, Bring a Toy and bring your appetite. We are looking forward to a fun filled day of Great Datsuns, Good food, Good Music and great people.

If you are interested in helping out as a volunteer let us know so we can set you up. We only need a few volunteers so if you can let us know.

Thanks for all your support - looking forward to seeing you all on November 7th!

To register log onto http://www.socalroc.net

if you want to speed it up and register online let me know and I will email you the form for online registration.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris

Edited by fairlady66
Unwrapped toy.

John, I cant go..I have Hockey tickets for that nite and not

enuff time to go there and get back here in time...BUT I do want to

donate a few bucks...How do i do that? I would send the money

to you, but, am afraid that it would go for "Johns Charity" sted of

the right one...how can i do that? Hey BTW did you ever talk to

KOGI about getting another of the 620 Pickup posters from JCCS

for me?.......anyway!!!

for me?.......anyway!!!

I think you need to talk to Chris. The socalroc guys are the ones putting this event on. But you can always send me money if you like. I've been running a no profit business for quite a while now. :lol:

I did ask Koji but no word yet:(

for me?.......anyway!!!

You can either send funds through PayPal to socalroc@gmail.com or use the US Postal Service. If using the postal service the address on the flyer is 2992 Quebec Dr - Riverside, 92504

Checks should be made out to SoCalROC/CMB & Associates

Thank you for your help 'Ol Yeller

Chris

We now have Dash Plaques for the 2nd Annual SoCalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive

Deadline for early registration is this Sunday November 1st!

These Dash Plaques will go to the First 60 Datsuns that Register for this event.

This includes all preregistered Datsuns and those that register the day of the event.

Register Online and secure your Dash Plaque - Oneline registration is open until Friday, November 6 at 11:45pm. After that you will have to register at the show.

Registration fee (and donations) can be sent via PayPal to socalroc@gmail.com and then email your registration form to the same address. If you need to send your registration form by U.S. Mail send an email letting us know once your fee is sent in through PayPal so we secure your early registration and your Dash Plaque.

We will see you on November 7th for the 2nd Annual SoCalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive with John Morton and Jamie Howe

November 7th!

2nd Annual SoCalROC Show-N-Shine Toy Drive

Held at the

Datsun Heritage Museum

41610 Date Street

Murrieta, CA 92562

Edited by fairlady66

I just got an email from someone asking if they could bring something extra besides the toy to be donated to the raffle. Of course, if anyone wants to bring something to donate to the raffle you are more then welcome to do so. No mystery items, it must be obvious what is being raffled off. Looking forward to seeing everyone there, a lot of great fun is in store.

Remember the unwrapped Toy.

Chris

http://www.socalroc.net

socalroc@gmail.com