Why is it so hard to find 14x6 or 14x5.5 rims anymore?

HRH

Besides the obvious, but WTF Batman!? Even the old AR62 Outlaw IIs are only available in a 14x6 in one bolt pattern. 5 on 4.5, not 4 on 4.5 like I need!

I don't need to run anything larger than 6 inch rims! Maybe I'll just have to go with some Diamond race wheels or something. Keep cruising the wrecking yards, pulled some off a RWD early Maxima, but the alloys had way too much positive offset. Love the turbines, they're perfect, just need another set or two.

Anyone else have a line on some decently cheap 14x6 or less wide 4 on 4.5 rims?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what style are you looking for?? i have a few sets around centerline,turbines and 4spoke z and i can get some old school minilites

is that tire shop still on euclid thats where i found alot of my rims when i lived over that way

Edited by freaky510

Yeah, that's the problem, most people who bought aftermarket 14 rims did so a while ago. They're drying up! Sucks, but I'm going to do some pull and save digging and stop by a few shops today. Bought the last set off a Datsun buddy, but he didn't have any other spares. And of course I'm ratsun so I'm looking for dirt cheap. :D Hell, I traded the turbines for some Ansen slots and I only paid 40 bucks for the slots.

Yeah, the 6 spoke Z wheels are actually what I'm looking for, they fit perfectly. The only downside on that is finding for a decent price. I can get them shipped from somewhere, but then we start talking about 200-300 for a set of rims I can get for $40 at the pull and saves, if you can get there first.

As for cheap, where are you getting them? Or have you just not bought a set in a while Bleach? I get sets here and there from 510 buddies, but no one has anything right now.

I still see them on occasion. Sometimes incomplete sets in Seattle.Craigslist

I still say the general retail value is $100 for a set of four with no tires. Maybe less if they're dull.

I haven't bought any in a while. I have a set on the Fairlady while its in the paint shop. After that, they'll be my spare set (with good tires) to keep just in case I need to roll a 4-lug Datsun around.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/pts/1355722512.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1354314202.html

WHOOO HOOOOO! Today started out to be a complete waste of time. I hit up ALL the wrecking yards in the area, no Datsun rims in the width and offset I wanted.

Called on a motor for the hardbody, no reply.

So about 4:15 I go over to my Datsun guru's shop and the hardbody engine guy calls me as I roll into the parking lot. Arrange for meeting him at 6 to check out the motor.

In the meantime, I mention to Joe I struck out at finding any Datsun wheels today, which sucks since I only have the one set with slicks currently mounted. So he starts rummaging through one of his many piles/sheds full of Datsun parts, and finds two z car rims. So we dig through the other sheds and can't find the other two to the set, but we do find his old roadster wheels, which happen to look EXACTLY like the turbines I have on the car right now! And in the process of clearing shit out of the way to get to one of the sheds, he moves a cylinder head and I remind him he needs to save all Datsun L parts out of the elements. Anyway, the cylinder head was bare so no worries there. It's an A87, peanut head no less!

So I buy the four turbine Appliance wheels (14x6, correct offset) and the cylinder head. No, I'm not going to say how much, but it's less than $200, which to me is a bargain.

Not only do I now have wheels to mount tires, I also have a good head for the L18 motor I have in the corner of the garage that I've been wanting to do something with!

Then we go out to bfe and look at the hardbody motor, and I bring Joe with me since I've been so good at getting screwed lately (see hardbody thread) and I pick up a complete (overhauled, not quite rebuilt) KA24 truck motor from a 95 that this kid bought along with a 4x4 frame, and didn't need anymore, or rather wanted to spend the money on other stuff. Look down the cylinders, rotate it, pull the valve cover, everything looks good. Assembly lube still on, light surface rust here and there from outside storage, but cylinder bores looked clean.

So $250 for that, and I'm back to the house. I freakin' love it when the lack of a plan comes together! :D

This totally makes up for me losing my ass on the 720, which I sold last night, which is why I have money to buy stuff with. $900 is what I got, but at least it's gone.

Hehe, you haven't lived here in a while. Todd doesn't work at Spaldings anymore. He's at a body shop now. Spaldings in general has gone through quite a few people, don't know if it's going to survive. One of the owners wants to sell it (guess which one) and I think the first opportunity when Max dies is going to be taken.

All the Datsuns go through pull and save, which unfortunately is run by Joe (not welder Joe) who is fairly tight-fisted. You can still swing deals, but rarely anymore.

But regardless, check the earlier post, I have rims and a motor now!

That's why I love the Pull-a-part business model. They have a price list beforehand. The same type of part costs the same no matter what car. You dont' go in there and get screwed on price depending on who you get at the counter or what their mood is.

Aluminum wheels are $15 each, any car, any year...

Yeah, except the Pull n Save here charges a core for aluminum wheels. So 4 aluminum wheels runs you 80 bucks plus tax, which is horseshit for junkyard wheels. Plus I know they don't pay more than 300 for any vehicle, so why would I pay 1/3 the price they paid for wheels alone. I understand business, but they make plenty of the wrecks. Most they give 50 bucks for.

Hehe, you haven't lived here in a while. Todd doesn't work at Spaldings anymore. He's at a body shop now. Spaldings in general has gone through quite a few people, don't know if it's going to survive. One of the owners wants to sell it (guess which one) and I think the first opportunity when Max dies is going to be taken.

All the Datsuns go through pull and save, which unfortunately is run by Joe (not welder Joe) who is fairly tight-fisted. You can still swing deals, but rarely anymore.

But regardless, check the earlier post, I have rims and a motor now!

yes its been like 4 years glad to hear you got taken care of. is todd still racing the l28 turbo 510??