What datsun started your addiction?

What Datsun started your addiction?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What Datsun started your addiction?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was started 14 years ago when my parents bought me a 1976 blue longbed 620... I don't have a single picture of it because we didn't think to take any back then. A few years later it flared up and I bought another 620. I managed to stay on the wagon (not g00n just the "not addicted" wagon) for a while, only occasionally searching the internet for 620s for sale, but not buying any until about 3 months ago when I stumbled across this website.... I read and read and read and then I ended up driving to Alabama to get this...IMAG0121.jpg

That was less than 1 month ago.... since that time I have bought and sold several Datsun parts, bought a Nissan Altima for swap parts, and today I made a deal on this...

IMAG0176.jpg

I think if this keeps up, my wife may put me in Datsun rehab.

Thank you Ratsun for being my enablers.

• 1 month later...

Z car. Dad took me to a dealership in Houston when I was like 4 years old, one of my first memories. There was an orange 240z on the showroom floor. I thought it looked like "Speedracer's" car, That was a big cartoon then. We ended up finally buying one a couple years later. I got to pick it out and it eventually became my first car.

• 1 month later...

Z cars for sure. My dad had a shop when I was growing up that specialized in datsuns and Toyotas. Did lots of tuning and race prep. Cars and parts everywhere. Some of my earliest memories are of being loaded into 240s and 510s to go on test drives with the old man. To this day the sound of an L motor with Webers and headers is more calming to me than anything else. My first car was a Z, and my current daily (a 79 620 longbox) is the car I learned to drive in. I hope never to be without at least one Datto.