slotted mag question

fisch

fisch....didn't read this word for word, but if this is about you trying to put slots on the '59.....I think it would be easier/cheaper to put different hubs on it than to mod the wheels. I'll be getting with 1200guy soon about his discs. Biggest thing to find out is what bearings are in the hub. Might get lucky...if you want 4 lug.....and be able to turn the spindles down to fit 411 hubs. :) I turned Brian's mustang II spindles down to fit 720 hubs/bearings :)

When are you getting the '59 delivered?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you getting the '59 delivered?

Not soon enough! Well actually the shipper says he will have it here in 10-14 days. (But he has up to 22 days.) Compared to some of the nightmare stories I've heard on shipping times, if he gets it here that quick, I will be lucky!

Yeh guys, a hub swap or redrill might be the best bet for the 59. I think brake mods would be easier and certainly finding kool skinny wheels would be easier. Though 6 lugs on a tiny 50's sedan is pretty unique!

The neat thing about slots is that, even if I ran 6 lug in the back and 4 or 5 lug in the front, with a slot mag you won't see the difference unless you are counting nuts. Though ideally it'd be great if they matched.

And 5 lug would be pretty sweet cause we could get into Halibrand kidney or some torq thrusts!! That'd be dreamy!

Edited by fisch

Ive always thought that a set of old torq thrusts or ETs would look friggin sweet on a 620 or 521. Even a set of old halibrand kidney bean/salt flat racer wheels... oxidized black magnesium would definitely give that "rat" look, especially if you could find a set of old recap bias white wall slicks for the back.

Couldn't agree more!!! I dreamed of Torq thrusts on my 521. Even thought about the Torq thrust ST wheels which are 6 lug, but they only come in a 20" now (You can find 18" ebay st's once in a while.) But even if you got the Torq ST, they are 6 spoke torq thrust and not 5 spoke, and though cool, don't quite look the same.

The neat thing about slots is that, even if I ran 6 lug in the back and 4 or 5 lug in the front, with a slot mag you won't see the difference unless you are counting nuts. Though ideally it'd be great if they matched.

im the only one who notices the 3 differnt versions on mine :lol: :blink:

Have You guys seen the Speedmasters on the Mooneyes website? They are made in Santa Fe Springs, California so You shouldn't have too much trouble getting them. A very cool looking rim!!!

AWESOME!!!! I'm crying they don't come in a 6 lug! They even show them on a 620! (which must have a hub swap.)

But really nice to see they do come in a 4-lug! Wonder what the spacing is? And what the width is?

EDIT- looks like they come if ANY 4 lug or 5 lug spacing, but only in 7" wide.

datsun620.jpg

Edited by fisch