79 Kingcab Resurrection

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

damn, i thought you sold your engine? or is that a different one? do you still have the xterra wheels? or whatever they were? i moved to washougal, an now have my own gayrage

Its the same engine minus the carb. It needs a carb now. I do have those Xterra wheels still. Just no tires for them. Now that you have your own garage no more working out in the rain or whatever. I know you had that carport but it wasn't enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the wrecking yard yesterday and today. Found some parts I needed and some I couldn't help but buy. So I picked up a Weber carb, 2 72-77 grills (one has the rings the other doesn't), 2 grill emblems, fuel pump block off, a straight front bumper, 2 radiator overflow tanks, a valve cover that says Datsun on it instead of Nissan, dome light assy for my KC, hood hinges, 2 wiper arm sets, and 2 front sway bars one for the older 620s and one for the 78-79 models. Good finds in my opinion.

cool, im missin all 4 front ones, dont tell no one tho. lol :P

believe it or not i had all 4 when i got the truck, those sumbitches rattled out over time, just lost my last one recently..

oh! well if I don't have any extra I know where 4 more bumpers are. :lol: :lol:

I recently had some trouble with those bolts you speak of. They are metric (m6) carriage bolts made of unobtainium. I simply switched over to standard, should do the trick. They are about an inch long, I'll show you updates in this thread pretty soon:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/18639-bumper-and-grille-restoration/page__p__259345__fromsearch__1&?do=findComment&comment=259345

I recently had some trouble with those bolts you speak of. They are metric (m6) carriage bolts made of unobtainium. I simply switched over to standard, should do the trick. They are about an inch long, I'll show you updates in this thread pretty soon:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/18639-bumper-and-grille-restoration/page__p__259345__fromsearch__1&?do=findComment&comment=259345

Yeah i've seen some bad ones. The four i've collected are in really nice shape. the bumper I just picked up has had them replaced with the raw metal ones.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DatsuNoob

Lookin classy :cool:, I've looked at my truck with no bed on it for so long they almost look strange to me when there all put together :lol:. Thanks again for helping me set mine on. Hoping to see ya and your truck at Canby(hope I'll get there too with mine :unsure: )

Lookin classy :cool:, I've looked at my truck with no bed on it for so long they almost look strange to me when there all put together :lol:. Thanks again for helping me set mine on. Hoping to see ya and your truck at Canby(hope I'll get there too with mine :unsure: )

She should be ready for Canby. That's my goal right now. I know what you mean about the bed thing. Mine has been that way for a bit too and now i'm used to it that way. Hey I think you'll have that truck goin by then. It didn't look to far off from running in my opinion. :cool:

Guest DatsuNoob

Yeah, we'll see. I know I'll get a buncha shit if it doesnt make it, but I dont want to rush things and not go into the depth I want of the build just to meet a deadline. All the stuff I want/am doing costs a pretty good chunka coin

Yeah, we'll see. I know I'll get a buncha shit if it doesnt make it, but I dont want to rush things and not go into the depth I want of the build just to meet a deadline. All the stuff I want/am doing costs a pretty good chunka coin

I totally understand. I'm starting the body work so I can get it painted. I keep finding more and more to fix, but the end result should be how I want it or close to. :lol: Plus the money bit. It's spent as soon as I get it in hand on this beast.

Well just came in from the garage to take a break for a few. Been trying to get the sanding and bodywork done. Funny how when you get into it you keep finding more and more to fix. :lol: But i'm not complaining. I just want it to turn out good. Went to Bob's Paintland and bought some supplies and had the paint color mixed that i'm going to use for one of the colors on it. Picked up a long board as well, so i can get the doors and cab straight. Also here is some progress pics of the truck. I know all of us ratsuners love the pics. :lol:

79dattobodywork009.jpg

79dattobodywork005.jpg

79dattobodywork003.jpg

79dattobodywork004.jpg

79dattobodywork002.jpg