Rich Guy Sells Everything!

Guest kamakazi620

Actually, my favorite Honda is the 1979-1981 Accord hatchback. That thing was a little rally car, hell, remember when I jumped it over a berm on the backroads in Flagstaff, battery turned sideways and grounded against the fender and snapped my negative battery terminal. Tipped it back up, found a spare spark plug wire and connected that, and she ran enough to get me home!

If I could find a clean one of those, I'd pick one up again. Then it would get RWD and a VG30! They weighed less than a 510, too. Around 2000 pounds even if I remember correctly.

frontviewaccord.jpg

those were cool cars. had accords, the civics too, late 70s really early 80s. loved it :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, my favorite Honda is the 1979-1981 Accord hatchback. That thing was a little rally car, hell, remember when I jumped it over a berm on the backroads in Flagstaff, battery turned sideways and grounded against the fender and snapped my negative battery terminal. Tipped it back up, found a spare spark plug wire and connected that, and she ran enough to get me home!

If I could find a clean one of those, I'd pick one up again. Then it would get RWD and a VG30! They weighed less than a 510, too. Around 2000 pounds even if I remember correctly.

frontviewaccord.jpg

Ah, I had a turd brown 79 Accord hatch. Great car till it blew up. After it died I ended up getting a 280zx.

91 hatch! That's cool, but that's also your problem.

Buy a 1987 Civic wagon and you wont' get bothered as much ;) Put some dents in it and let it rust... plus you can fit more bags of grocerys in it.

IMG_0028.jpg

Thats funny cause I knew a guy who hated all the F&F fanboys for ruining hondas (he had ran them since the late 90s) He built a wagon with a CR-V-Tech. when he would go to the track or the street and whoop on all the little rice boys in his beat up wagon it was hilarious.

Thats funny cause I knew a guy who hated all the F&F fanboys for ruining hondas (he had ran them since the late 90s) He built a wagon with a CR-V-Tech. when he would go to the track or the street and whoop on all the little rice boys in his beat up wagon it was hilarious.

Since the late 90's huh? He's old school!

Racing Hondas started in the early 1990's in the USA. F&F came out in 2001!

If you would have said, since the late 70's I'd have some respect. He sounds like a fanboy just the same.

I was driving a non-turbo 145hp Z-car in the mid 90's and wooping on all these Hondas. That was before FWD turbo kits were common. These days you need 300hp to keep up with anything on the road. Your mom's new wagon could easily have a 275hp V6 in it. :blink:

My wife's Accord has 203,000 miles on it and runs like its brand new. We bought cuz they last a very long time if taken care of. Its all stock except I got rid of the stock air box and air tube and put a cone filter on it. Did it for better mpg. We drive it back and forth to Portland and Boise a lot. Could care less what people think about it. Great car, very dependable.

I have respect for the design of honda suspension. I've built more than one honda autocross/IT cars, they do well if driven by a good driver. I've also seen real POS's being ragged on like they are built race cars. The later are the ones I hate because their owners think because they get valve float in each gear their cars are fast. :blink: :cursing:

I've had Z's (3 of them) and many many 510s and I've run into very few morons in the Datsun world. I could say the same about Mazdas but I've only had two of them and I had a moron try to race me every day (in another mazda)

I had to go back and read the threads by the guy you were talking about... What a tool a big wing (hey mommy I can stand up) fart can (flatulence means its faster) no suspension travel (bouncing like a ping pong ball means it handles better. right?) 400db stereo (gets all the ladies mad at me) RICER!!!!! This MORON pissed me off in three words and every "bring it" made me want to go and see his shop and shove his little short shifter in his personal fart can.

OK OK enhance calm think ratsun thoughts enhance calm..........

OK I"M better he will not get me riled again

Edited by philip1
1979-1981 Accord hatchback. That thing was a little rally car, hell, remember when I jumped it over....

...and over and over :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: before i aquired my license(@ 17) my GF had one.

she lived about 1.5mi down a dirt road. for FWD, it never got stuck in the mud and never complained about the abuse i gave it, ever.

cant recall it ever going to the shop for something i did to it ( :sneaky: whether she knew or not)

smoky FWD burnouts w/the parking brake on :D

I had a 88 integra beater for a while. I didn't change the oil for a good 6 months, just throwing a quart in here or there. 220k miles on it. One day coming back from work on rt80 doing a good 90mph I heard a rat rat rat tap tap tap that got louder and right as I let off to pull over and check BOOM. Look in the rear view and see nothing but smoke and bits of shit flying through the air lol. Pull over look under the car and oil(mud) is just pissing out. Turns out a rod tried to escape through the side of the block lol.

It was a good car, served me well. I did so many burn outs in it I got like wave lumps in the tires lol. Was so rusty I went to jack it up one day and the jack blew through the body. Bag on the window from when I drunkenly locked the keys in it (friend closed the door) while running and smashed the window to get in. I jumped it once in the city and blew a back tire and belt the wheel.

It never complained for all the abuse I put it though and got like 25mpg while taking it. Never stuck in the snow either, 6+ inches, just rock back and forth and away she went.

Edited by 72240z

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.