oil change light on, please help!

Braden

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

see ya cant take a joke. why does everyone have to reffer to some sort of voilence when they get butt hurt. what ever happen to turning the other cheek. or havin a good come back.

look dude its all good, i laughed at the guy and he got embarassed. didnt mean to hurt his feelings or anything. god if i had a nickel for everytime someone embarassed me i'd be rich!

see ya cant take a joke. why does everyone have to reffer to some sort of voilence when they get butt hurt. what ever happen to turning the other cheek. or havin a good come back.

look dude its all good, i laughed at the guy and he got embarassed. didnt mean to hurt his feelings or anything. god if i had a nickel for everytime someone embarassed me i'd be rich!

Some of the comments I've seen of yours on here, damn right you should be rich.

WOW I have nothing good to say about those of you with your panties in a bunch. So i will stay out of that.

Back to the original post.:lol: About now it is probably a really good thing that you did decide to ask a question and try to learn something new even if we did end up getting a good laugh out of it.

You could have a couple of major problems going on here. That oil light could cost you a motor if ignored. And the Charge light is also indicating a battery/alternator system problem.

So then it is also possible that you have a wiring problem that is causing these problems.

At this time i would refrain from starting your motor if you can avoid it.

Turn you key on and look at your lights, both should be on. Now open hood and unplug the oil pressure sending unit wire. Passenger side of engine block in front of the starter(yellow/red wire). Did the oil light go out?

If the light went out, then the light is getting its ground from the sending unit like it is supposed to. If the light stayed on, then the light is getting ground from a wiring problem.

If the light went out like it should when you unplugged it you need to look at why the light is staying on when running. Probable cause-bad sending unit, bad oil pump, clogged oil passage, oil pressure problem.

But, because you have the Charge light on also. I am suspecting a dash wiring problem.

Do the oil pressure light test first, before we start the motorwith a possible lack of oil pressure and report back to us.

And guys, if you dont have anything nice to say. Keep it quiet. We have a fellow Datsun enthusiast that is trying to keep a Datsun alive.

Just don't ask where to find jump seats for a KC 620. Yep, that jackass would be me. :D:D To me, it made sence. It looks like there is a place for them to mount to behind the side panels. Oh well.

hehehe :P but thats a good idea, maybe you could retro fit some hard body ones to fit..

Just don't ask where to find jump seats for a KC 620. Yep, that jackass would be me. :D:D To me, it made sence. It looks like there is a place for them to mount to behind the side panels. Oh well.

ya know, I almost forgot about that :lol::lol: Have you found them yet:fu::fu:

Jester, that's a good one. Skib, I was just poken the stick out there and it poked your way, sorry you can pull it out if ya want, just keep it off the screen. Lynch, all is good. It's almost 3:00 here and I've gotta get up at 7:30, so night all. Oh yeah, my panties are unwaded.

Good night :)