71 4d 510

I've got a 71 4d 510 with 80k original miles for sale. I purchased it a couple years ago, parked it, and I haven't done anything with it since due to other priorities. I currently don't have the money to put into it, so it's time to let it go.

The car is strait, and I was impressed that there was no sag in the doors or steering column (the trunk also has a nice pop). The floor boards are not rusted through, but there is a leak on the driver's side of the windshield. There are no cracks in the dash, and the headliner is pretty darn clean. The seats on the other hand, are pretty worn, but luckily that's easily remedied. The door panels are the more rare red vinyl, albeit a faded red. The vehicle itself is a vinyl top, which is also less common.

This 510 has not been modified -- the wheel wells are not rolled. The man who sold me the car recently had the L16 motor rebuilt, and had the receipts to prove it. It doesn't start at the moment, but it was mine and Jeff's prognosis that all it needed was a carburetor. Unfortunately, the car is automatic flavor, but that can be rectified with a little work.

There is some nasty rust behind the rear passenger wheel well, but it's nothing structural and does not go into the trunk. The paint is bubbling on the other side, although nothing has peaked through. Also, there's a disc thing that appears to be covering a perfectly round hole on the rear driver's side -- no idea why. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking, but I thought I'd post this on Ratsun before Craigslist or Dimequaterly. I'm hoping to get $1,200 for it. If anybody is interested, send me an PM--or even use the contact form on the bottom of this forum. Thanks!

front.jpg

passengers-side.jpg

drivers-side.jpg

back.jpg

rust.jpg

driver-rear.jpg

liner-2.jpg

front-seats.jpg

back-seat.jpg

dash.jpg

back-seat-view.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.