new little toy

chrispy

hey there. im new to this forum, ( to answer the age thing im from ohio and im 19) but any ways i bought a 1967 datsun pickup. but it needs work. alot of work, but i baught the truck knowing nothing about it besides it looked cool. there somthing i just dont understand tho like the key pad like thing above the radeo and the key pad above the passengers head? it is a wiring nightmare. it does run tho but barely.. to get it to move i have to like floor it and dump the clutch and it barely moves? any thoughts?? let me know cause it has me lost.. thanks

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chrispy--your first post says that you bought a 67 datsun, but the pictures are not a 67. It could be a 75-77 though. I am guessing that you meant 76, not 67.

Anyways, cool little truck. The front fender vents(firebird?) look familiar too. There was a local truck with something similar years ago.

Did you get all of the matching wheels with it?

Did you find the wiring diaghrams at http://www.olddatsun.com yet? That will help you figure out what goes where. That dash keyboard kinda looks like a very early alarm code box?

I love buying cool trucks that don't run well. Especially when its a datsun:D Yeah, looks like an alarm code box. That truck was either built like that way back when it was new, or in the late 80's early ninetys when everone was doing walk thru's. Defeats the purpose of having a "truck" though, but still in some cases, pretty kewl. Nice truck, hope ya get it back on the road.

thanks everyone for your post.. i did manage to get it running some what.. i drove it around the block witch is a start.. new slave cyclinder and bled all the lines was a good start but to get it to move i gotta dump the clutch pretty much.. and thanks for the place to get the wiring diagram. that will help for sure.. and ill keep the progress posted..

thanks