Datsun/Nissan trucks

I copied this thread from a bump I gave my first truck thread earlier today, because I realized it was a Datsun/Nissan story

I love my L320, I love Nissan trucks

The only new car I ever purchased in my life was a 1995 hardbody, I wish I still owned it.

I was amazed at how the same basic formula was followed in terms of the construction of the two trucks. In spite of the obvious differences they were very similar in the essential design and construction. The way the cab looks behind the seat and the tools are basically exactly the same, under the hood the way the brake lines run ect, seems like they just kept refining and adding to the same basic truck. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

On a side note, my 1986 1/2 hardbody cab and chassis flatbed may be returning to me soon. the odometer stopped working at over 300,000 miles. It still runs. It has a six cylinder, 5 spd trans and it is a dually. It was owned by the Tru-Cut Lawnmower Co. who I used to rent from, and I bought it from them with my brother in 1994. My dad has been using it since we bought a UD, but now I may take it back and use it for work up here in Santa Cruz. That was my first Nissan, it is why I bought the 1995 hardbody, the UD and yes, the 320. Nissan makes great trucks, I think the Japanese car companies blew it when they gave up on small trucks. But I guess the market dictates?

Nissan trucks forever

100_2912.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have had my 1998 Frontier since about 2001. when i got my 1974 620 i could not believe how many things where the same. they are both regular cabs and manual 4cylinders. even the L and KA are built the same. i like the new frontiers but they are at least a mid-size truck. what happened to the compact?

as a population on the whole , we (who's we) choose to go to the mid size versus mini, u know we always go big or stay on the porch, that is why we no longer have the mini trucks..according to most of the car and truck mags..:)

Our old mini trucks have tons of personality in them.

I was drivin mine down the freeway today, and I was in heaven at 60 mph!! It does not have a stereo in it. It is noisy in the cab, it is not the smoothest ridin truck I have been in but, I FREAKIN LOVE DRIVIN IT!!!! Its got personality!!! My wife can't understand how I can just sit there and listen to the motor for hours on end. Wether it is a 40 year old L motor or a Z or a KA powered truck, our trucks ROCK!!

DATSUNS FOR LIFE:fu:

Our old mini trucks have tons of personality in them.

I was drivin mine down the freeway today, and I was in heaven at 60 mph!! It does not have a stereo in it. It is noisy in the cab, it is not the smoothest ridin truck I have been in but, I FREAKIN LOVE DRIVIN IT!!!! Its got personality!!! My wife can't understand how I can just sit there and listen to the motor for hours on end. Wether it is a 40 year old L motor or a Z or a KA powered truck, our trucks ROCK!!

DATSUNS FOR LIFE:fu:

My soon to be ex didn't like the L320. But it does have a crumby radio in it. But I still like to listen to the motor drone on.

• 4 months later...

I work for a private RV park that has 2500 membership campsites. The Park Ranger/ security staff still has their oldest Ranger patrol vehicle, a 1997 Nissan 2WD pickup with auto trans. I don't know the mileage on the odometer, but the truck is still in service. It's got a light bar, siren and radios installed. The lady Rangers prefer to drive it when on patrol because it's smaller and easier for them to handle than the newer 2004 or 2005 Ford Ranger pickups. The Park bought the Nissan when it was new. It's had lots of repairs done to it over the years, too.

Dan