truck bed,

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of cutting the sides out of an old bed and useing them. If you cut right at the floor of the bed and along the top it should work awesome. I was thinking of useing some 1/2"X1/2" angle, butt the one toe up to the bed and tack it down. Then place the new "inner wall" against it and weld it down as well, trim the top to fit and it would look factory and you have double wall.

I was thinking of a mounting system that would allow me to make inner panels and they would be held in with Dzus fastners. Removeable inner panels would allow you to replace them if damaged and also allow bodywork to be done if you ever dented the outer panels.

I have not looked at a 5 or 620 in a time. My 720 has bolt in panels to make it a double wall. I think the 81 i have also has the holes to mount the wall but has not had double walls. If someone were close and they would work i would let them have em off my truck as mine is a work truck and will never make a nice truck condition but all but the tailgate piece is in good condition. Then the one of the 81 is for the tail gate.

that was at P&P in Rancho Cordova a few weeks ago - they were obviously made on a sheet metal shear and brake, and were painted to match the original olive green color of the truck. The sides are in three sections (one section above the wheel arch, one in front and one behind), plus a tailgate cover - the three sections were pop riveted together, the top edge was pop riveted to the upper edge of the bed, and the bottom edge was pop riveted to lengths of steel angle that were in turn pop riveted to the floor.

I'm planning to bead-blast 'em down to bare metal, have them powder coated, and figure out how to mount them with Dzus fastners or stainless screws and rivnuts so they can be removed to clean behind them.

I can lay the sections out, take photos and post them if anybody's interested......

fibreglass liners do a great job. but are they readily available for the 620?

I was thinking about custom wood panelling for that old skool style, what do you think?

might also ditch the checkerplated sides in favour of the "woodie" look...

has this been done before?