gertrude...the 68 pickup

i dont know how i missed this...

im in love with this thing! the camper is the best!

im wondering if its just the 520 that has the skinny track width that makes those rallies fit so well. i wouldnt mind runnig a set on my 620...

I want a set after seeing this.

I hope they fit as good on my 521 as they do on this truck.

This has just become one of my favorite trucks here.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have found my battery box solution!!

I really like the idea of using plates for that. How's that LP working for ya? I bet after a hot day it'll have a pretty cool looking 'drape' to it. We made some tortilla chip party bowls in the oven using records. Pretty sweet looking. Doesn't take much heat to form them.

DSCN2364.jpg

its two records as the lid, we did a wall in our living room with album covers so we had about 50 records just waiting to be repurposed :D I haven't noticed any sag to it yet.

the stock hold down was almost rusted thru so I took an old NY plate I had in the garage and made a new hold down, the rusted old one is still under the plate for extra action.

its two records as the lid, we did a wall in our living room with album covers so we had about 50 records just waiting to be repurposed :D I haven't noticed any sag to it yet.

the stock hold down was almost rusted thru so I took an old NY plate I had in the garage and made a new hold down, the rusted old one is still under the plate for extra action.

Ya, take those albums and set them on an overturned pot in the oven and turn it on low. Cool bowls. No too good for lucky charms in the morning unless you JB Weld the hole in the center.

Incredible truck, by the way. I really like the stance. There's a statement in this rig; it's saying "you don't need a fortune to create a unique and enjoyable look". Good work letting creativity drive the project, not the dollar signs. No offense to those who've spent big money on their rigs, I just prefer this look. Variety is good. Saving money is really good...

its a boat shop in Hoquiam, if you have driven up 101 out of town you may have seen it, but its a few blocks off the 101

Yeah i have been up in that area a few times. I work in the fishing industry i must have past it delivering parts or to work on a boat. That's an awesome truck btw. Mines still in peices.

Beuty truck, nice wheel and funny way to ensure the battery lol, but why Gertrude???

my g/f made me name the truck the day I got it, thats what I named her...no real idea why :D

it doesn't ride to bad, the secondary truck I had before was a mazda with similar setup so I am used to it a lil soft with the occasional frame/rearend contact on big bumps

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...