MY 77 king cab

cody

Well as most of you know.. my dad has a 78 king cab which is in my sig.

and well i had a mazda .. so iam still tryin to sell it but i went and bought a 77 king cab today for 600.. borrowed 600 from my mom ( iam 16) and when i sell my truck i'll pay her back..

Truck came with a extra head. block. door. 2 front bumpers.rear glass. crank. Truck has a weber in it and runs good but needs a couple things.. interior isnt the best.. body is fair. i think it has a different rear end cause it has longer gears than my dads 78 .. and yes they're 4 spd's .. uhmm side lights have been put inside so that outside its flush..

Here's pics.. more to come.

77kingcab.jpg

77kingcab1.jpg

77kingcab2.jpg

77kingcab3.jpg

Plans for tomorrow... put different wheels and tires on it..

clean it up... maybe more.. idk yet and find some 3" blocks to put in the rear..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

very good choice, i too am building a king kab,the side marker is a trick we used to do back in the late 70's thru the 80's, your young and this is a very good way to learn basic custom auto skills, seems as if u r on the right track, it will take some time , but if u sit down and write out your plans and follow them thru u should have a fantastic truck when u get done, i have built many show vehicles over the past 35 years, and have always made a plan of attack and followed it thru from start to finish, and it has never failed me yet, never give up..:D congrats on the new truck..:D

dang its hott out..

well for me it is.. so that means i didnt get too much done..

Heres the motor.. i havent shown pics of this yet :lol:

77kc001.jpg

77kc002.jpg

And another interior shot..

77kc003.jpg

And them some new ones of outside the truck with the mazda wheels put on and few things painted up :D:D

77kc004.jpg

77kc005.jpg

77kc006.jpg

77kc007.jpg

And another shot of both trucks together in front of the garage..

77kc010.jpg

hey kewl ratsun truck cody. Keep an eye out for another one of those. I have a friend lookin for one for his kid.

I got some datsun 720 leafsprings. I'd have to get them off. then i'm gonna put the springs on the 4x4 from my 79 trailer. they are like way arched down. give me some lift on the back when i get my 4x4 done, sometime this winter.

When you go the yard tomorrow see if you can find a set of rear springs from a 4X4 720. They are an instant 2" drop without blocks. They bolt right on to the 620's.

Thanks for the info bud.. :D

Might not go that way tho... dunno..

as far as the truck goes... got another tailgate in good shape for 20 :cool:

put it on ( red ) thats bout it

Well heres some pics as of today..

Picked up a good tailgate for 20 and painted it black (was red) and threw it one for now.. since the old one had some rust thru spots..

datto001.jpg

datto002.jpg

datto003.jpg

datto004.jpg

datto005.jpg

And at the end of today...

datto006.jpg

And maybe someone can help me out on this piece.. ( jester..you got one?)

this is on the 78

datto007.jpg

datto008.jpg

The grill?? Nissan changed to that style in '78. It is alleged to be stronger and less breakable but at the cost of poor looks. The first chance I had I replaced my '78 grill with an older style. Later a heavy post fell on the '78 one and smashed it... I just laughed. (shrug) Those chromed ones were on Flea-Bay. Stick with yours, in MHO it is far superior looking.