I think i just got ripped off!!!!!

Buyers beware of falsely listed ebay items. Some guy listed an "AEM" fpr for a nissan. I probably should have confirmed it's authenticity prior to winning the auction, but before paying I asked him if it was the real deal, since it looked nothing like the others listed under the same name. He told me he listed it as it was listed by another seller after he bought it and resold it. I told him that's not what I asked. I wanted to know if I was getting a brand name part or a cheap Chinese knock-off. He accused me of jerking him around and was reluctant to give me a straight answer after 3 messages. So, fuck that guy. I'm not paying $100 for a $10 part originating from some 3rd world communist shithole. I'll sooner take a neg feedback than watch my hard earned dollars fall into the hands of some jerk-off scammer.

Asking questions prior is one of the most important pars of buying on ebay. It either exposes a problem or covers you in case one develops.

Just send it back to him and file a ebay/paypal not as described claim if that happens, they will never side with the seller if the buyer isn't in possession of the item. Sellers also can't leave negative feedback, even if you don't pay. You can receive a strike though. As a power seller I would never take that rt. esp for 10 bucks.

I just dodged one myself from a WELL KNOWN datsun ebay parts seller. I wanted to buy the intake/exhaust gasket and there was 2 different pics, one of a metal layered style and one of a paper style. So I asked what type of gasket it was, what it was made of etc. The seller responded "I don't know". Over 1000 feedback in datsun items but you cant tell me something so simple like if the gasket is layered or paper or w/e? Bullshit, he's trying to sell someone a 30 dollar piece of shit paper gasket. That's what it comes down to.

Edited by 72240z
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Asking questions prior is one of the most important pars of buying on ebay. It either exposes a problem or covers you in case one develops.

Just send it back to him and file a ebay/paypal not as described claim if that happens, they will never side with the seller if the buyer isn't in possession of the item. Sellers also can't leave negative feedback, even if you don't pay. You can receive a strike though. As a power seller I would never take that rt. esp for 10 bucks.

I just dodged one myself from a WELL KNOWN datsun ebay parts seller. I wanted to buy the intake/exhaust gasket and there was 2 different pics, one of a metal layered style and one of a paper style. So I asked what type of gasket it was, what it was made of etc. The seller responded "I don't know". Over 1000 feedback in datsun items but you cant tell me something so simple like if the gasket is layered or paper or w/e? Bullshit, he's trying to sell someone a 30 dollar piece of shit paper gasket. That's what it comes down to.

$100 part. Private seller, not a company... harder to prove through paypal that there is a problem.

As for your experience, most ebay sellers don't stock items, they drop ship... which means they may NEVER in their entire life seen the item they are selling you, and only provide pictures given to them by the manufacturer, and in some cases just use 'general representation' type pics. Probably not trying to pull a fast one, hes just that uninformed. Either way, better to avoid buying from the guy. I just bought my metal layered gasket for the 240z at shucks for $16, they even had one in stock...

From my personal experience that's just not true. You don't have to prove a thing, if your not in possession of the item your getting your money back 99.9% of the time. Paypal told me that years ago and it's held true every time since. The amount doesn't matter much either so long as its under their protection ceiling, 100 or 1000 the same applies.

Beyond all that though they have all the auction info and messages AND the dispute console that would be opened between the 2. If he had gotten to that point and was able to take a pic showing it was not the brand described prior to shipping it back there would be that too. Easily provable if need be.

I capped well known to hint he's active in the forums, posting and selling parts. I highly doubt hes middle manning. It's possible though. I used it as an example because the idea is to ask questions prior not post then compound the issue and decide not to pay. That's puts you the buyer in the wrong. That shit happens all the time too, even on items not falsely described, people assume, win then are all pissed off at the seller that what they assumed isn't true. That's not the exact case here just saying the question issue is prevalent.

I'm coming up on a decade on ebay with one account and 2 years on the power seller account. Been on both sides of this and everything else that happens more times then I care to count.

Edited by 72240z

did you guys ever receive your stuff? I know he is trying to sell all his store of datsun parts and some cars per a text I got from him.

The tranny xmember he made me was a bit off so we had to fix it at the shop but I received it... I guess I met him in person to get it but I had already paid in advance and he made it on time....

did you guys ever receive your stuff?

no, but only because the USPS is a joke :fu:

they had in the back for a month and twice they couldnt find it when i was in there. got a(nother :lol:) notice that they were returning it :cursing:

filed a claim w/the post master and verbally let him know how satisified i was!

I wanted to buy the intake/exhaust gasket

i recently ordered 6 VC gaskets from a close out deal on rockauto, got 4 cork and 2 rubber, all the same part# from the same vendor. :rollseyes:

Guest DatsuNoob

72240Z is absolutely right, I should have asked questions prior to winning, but when someone lists something as a certain brand, you SHOULD be able to believe it is what it is. But it's not always the case, bait and switch happens all the time. I just bid w/out asking based on the title's information, because auction time was short, and I wanted a good part. Oh well, as for the dude's name it's Rbeast97. I have no problem exposing these kinds of people who attempt to scam people of their hard earned money.

when someone lists something as a certain brand, you SHOULD be able to believe it is what it is.

Absolutely and I'm talking more in general then you in particular. I myself have jumped on auctions I found last min and either took the hit or mailed that shit right back.

I just got a engine stand the guy said was from harbor freight, 45 to my door, "brand new 1ton engine stand". I bolted a 600lb ld28 onto it and watched the head bend and warp until the motor was at a 30 degree angle scaring the hell out of me, unable to be rotated as it would hit the arm.

Could say you get what you pay for but your telling me it can't even handle 60% it's capacity? Thats some shit right there. What can I do? Eat it lol, I drilled out the flex plate weight and bolted it to the head so it physically can't bent, unless w/e is on it can bend/brake a 3/8 steel plate.