OL Yellers' new "painted up" Tailgate

OL YELLER

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ron, where did you buy the winshield $120 sounds pretty reasonable.

E-Bay...it was a place back east and the price was great, problem was the shipping...so I asked about local pick up..seems they have a deal with a place in Riverside! (of all places)..so I got em to work it out for me and wham bam..new windshield mamm.....................I will try to locate the contact for you......

Speaking of Choptana, On Monday I located "buttercut" (very hard to find even in a large city!!) that I can now use to finally cut Choptana's windshield.

Are you talking about the "buttercut" resist the glass artists use for sand carving in glass?

Yes, that's the stuff. Guy Gray told Me about it and I chased all over Las Vegas on Monday trying to find it. I did not cut the windshield yet and won't have time today either. What I hope to do before I'm called is to make a template out of a sheet of veneer that I bought. Also, I hope to "practice" on a windshield that I removed yesterday from that 1976 I've been trying to sell. There is enough glass remaining to practice with the buttercut. I have never worked with it before and knew nothing of it before Guy told Me about it. While Terie and I were in Japan last year, We were taken to Art Of Work, where most chopped vehicles in Japan are built. I have wondered for years how to chop a windshield and there was a guy that I couldn't even understand showing Me how to do it by sandblasting!!! Crazy. I know that I can pull it off, I just am "scared" about breaking windshields. I know that they are tempermental. Wish Me luck!!!!!

The lettering looks real good, adds just the right amount of "color" to set it off form the truck...

That is exactly why i decided to let the pro painter decide what he thought would look the best...I just told him what I sort of wanted and he expanded on that..........as you can tell I am just so happy with the results......oh and thanx for the compliment.............Ron

I have lots of hook ups on painters for old school and glass cutters Mike,Dave Whittle of Dave & Able's fame from the 70's did my truck and my brothers truck back in 77.He is located in Norco,Ca,let me know if anyone needs help with anything. Thanks Derek

..Derek...are you coming to Long Beach?..... would like to see ya..I work in Corona and live in Chino........................Ron...(Oh and that is "Gold Leaf" on your orange trucks tailgate right?..and the pinstriping is super....)
I am going to be there very early,since I don't have a space inside I will park up front in parking lot.If you see a guy with Dirtbag on his hat that will be me.Hope to meet you guy's out there.My cell is 951-660-6793. Thanks Derek

ALRIGHT! last year they had all the 620 trucks in the back very close to the parking lot...so If they do that again we won't be hard to spot...C-Ya there

• 1 year later...

Hey Ron,

Here is who made Your sticker:

sparkletapestickers.jpg

I don't know yet who made the license plate blank, but the ad on the stickers is from Carcraft magazine of August 1977, page 28.