going rotary need help

djaztek12

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you haven't done your research yet. Enjoy the l motor for a while. At least until you have saved enought to do the swap right. So far I haven't seen one clean rotary swap. There messy looking with wires all over the place.

probably easier to get a front cover from one of the earlier motors that has the mount off the front cover, then make another crossmember further forward of the standard one. Thats how i've seen it done.

oh okay actually i have both covers or brackets the one in the front and the 1 for the middle by the way thanks and about the carb sorry i only have a dellorto side draft on race vw bug car i might upgrade if i do ill hit u up

Edited by djaztek12

i would love to keep my L serious motor but is shot the head has a bent valve the # 4 cylinder has severe damage so now i have even bored out more the whole block and then have it re sleeve and the cheapest i found to rebuild the motor with new parts and re valve the head the guy wanted between $ 1500 to $2000 depending on parts , so thats why i just decide to go rotary and when i say that i got for a real good price i mean it was 1 of those real good deals. hate to doit but ones i get the car running i will upload some pictures

Edited by djaztek12

thinking of going eithere going Ka24 or Sr20

Now Rotary??????

I see a pattern from L16 too one of these motors..

Find a L motor for cheap!!!!!!Install it 1st.

We really dont know your ability.

I had my 510 10 years before I finally rebuilt a motor and learned the in/out and certain quirks ones needs to know to make a clean non leaky reliably motor.

If the neihboor will do it maybe?????????? But even a free moto is going to cost you so how much money for part do you have as alot of 510 owners I have meet a one step away from being throw out of their house and car will GO to the dump which I have seen all to often in my 20yrs of datsun Ownership

this is a good example of a rotary 510 done right, this is the cleanest and neatest rotary 510 i've seen! here's a pic,

this swap is not a front mount, its mounted right on the original crossmember slightly modified

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/mazdatphotos/510ROTARY.jpg

Edited by mazdat

what ever you could get will be fine all of the rotary motors i seen bolt on in the front thats great if u have a late model 13b. I have 1 of the new 94 model these bolt on the side instead of the front.

this is a good example of a rotary 510 done right, this is the cleanest and neatest rotary 510 i've seen! here's a pic,

this swap is not a front mount, its mounted right on the original crossmember slightly modified

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh287/mazdatphotos/510ROTARY.jpg

That is one of the cleanest 510's period. Super clean car.

• 3 weeks later...

the rotary swap is coming along real good nice and, clean i will take plenty of pictures when its done. the swap was no big deal, it was easier the i though

p.s sorry for the spelling? lol lol