tuning a weber

RatRod25

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its not the screw by the idle and/or linkage, its the one screw all by itself towards the base of the carb, turn in the screw until the engine starts to shake and seems like its going to stall, then back out the screw about 1 1/2 turns . that should do it:)

here's a pic of the carb and screw

http://datsun1200.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=2926

its not the screw by the idle and/or linkage, its the one screw all by itself towards the base of the carb, turn in the screw until the engine starts to shake and seems like its going to stall, then back out the screw about 1 1/2 turns . that should do it

I tried that, but it doesnt shake or die. Ive always done that on my bronco's edelbrock. But i tried it on the 720 and nothing. I do have a comp cam and a doug thorley header if that makes any differance.

if you already turned the screw at the base of the carb all the way in and the engine didn't seem to shake or tried to stall, you have a bad carb, if it was recently rebuilt, they didn't do a very good job. just get it rebuilt:)

if its brand new, it must be a defective one, you are turning the bottom screw near the base, right? or you may have a vacuum leak at the intake manifold. with the engine running, spray some carb cleaner around the intake manifold, if the idle straightens out, you have a vacuum leak.

sounds pretty simple what you did, should be able to retard the timing to where it was and undo the screw, you did that already. Hmm, are you sure that all the vacuum hoses ( if you have any) are hooked up? Because by advancing the timing and adjusting the air/fuel mixture, you should be able to put back where it was with ease and not complications. :confused:

I did that put the timing back and turned the screw back but i dont remember where it was. The only vaccuum hose thats hooked up to it is the vaccuum advance. I removed all the emission stuff ahile back, so i just have vaccuum caps on the other vaccuum ports

• 1 month later...

I need help ASAP!! im in the garage as we speak! lol Im trying to tune my carb but not gettin far. My ? is when the truck is fully warmed up and at idle is the choke suppose to be fully open? Mine is pretty much closed and dies out when i open it up

The stock 720 has an electric choke heater, usually the Blue wire at back pass side of carb.

Hopefully you bought a Weber that is a direct replacement for the year of truck making it a bolt on operation and easier to set the initial adjustments.

The stock 720 has an electric choke heater, usually the Blue wire at back pass side of carb.

Hopefully you bought a Weber that is a direct replacement for the year of truck making it a bolt on operation and easier to set the initial adjustments.

Yeah i bought it from http://www.webercarbsdirect.com.. I tried to unscrew the idle mix all the way out and open it up and nothing still wants to die out.. If i spray carb cleaner in the carb while the choke is all the open it idles..

open the choke then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

find the eleltric wire or loosen the 3 screw and turn the round thing till it opnes up when warm!!!!!!!!!!

this is EZ this should take less time than pulling spark plugs!!!!!!!!!!!

What if it dies when you open?