I need wheels!

g-mam

I really need new tires, so I might as well get the wheels I want too. I want 15" with a little fatter front and a wide rear tire like I had in the 70's.

I want to leave the height stock. Anybody done this that can tell me what sizes I need? I talked to Summit Racing, and they just wanted to sell me some $70 dohicky to put on there and determine the size.

I know back in the 70's I had G-60 wide ass tires on the back, and they didn't rub. The problem was I had narrow rims and the keep the back tire flat on the ground, I only ran 14 PSI in the rear :D

With the lack of weight in the back, I could really smoke those tires :D

I might even go with chrome wheels with half moon center covers like I had on my original green 1973!

Disco Anyone? Gotta love those pants. Two weeks later, the hair was gone when I hit Fort Jackson in the Army!

73data.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for the front u can run 15 x 6 or 7 inch wheels with say, 205-60-15 tires,or 215-60-15 tires, on the rear u can run 15 x 8, or ten, with 235-60-15 tires i would recomend the 15 x 8 wheels, that will give u the same as g-60's rear and e-60's frt, from back in the day..:D

for the front u can run 15 x 6 or 7 inch wheels with say, 205-60-15 tires,or 215-60-15 tires, on the rear u can run 15 x 8, or ten, with 235-60-15 tires i would recomend the 15 x 8 wheels, that will give u the same as g-60's rear and e-60's frt, from back in the day..:D

Perfect, that's how I will go. Thanks!

Summit lists a back space for the wheels. Not sure what I need.

Edited by g-mam
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you think I can fit these size wheel/tire combo on with the suspension stock? Found these in another post.

Still having a hard time gettin the size.

Cal44pg107.jpg

im in the same boat as you g-mam. im looking to get the US Wheels Smoothies from summit. anyone know what max is for backspace and offset on the 620?

I know someone here knows! I found out the tires on my '74 are dated 1994! I need to get tires now, but I don't want to get stockers. I might as well get some wheels and tires.

Anyone? Bueler?

just get the standard off set, unless u want them to stick way out, then ask for reverse off set, summit should know what u mean, mine that i am doing r a standard off set = 4" back spacing, try that set up, like i said unless u want a reverse set up then it would be like a 2" off set(back spacing), i would not recomend that on the front, they would rub..stick with the standard off set u should be pleased with the look.:D

just get the standard off set, unless u want them to stick way out, then ask for reverse off set, summit should know what u mean, mine that i am doing r a standard off set = 4" back spacing, try that set up, like i said unless u want a reverse set up then it would be like a 2" off set(back spacing), i would not recomend that on the front, they would rub..stick with the standard off set u should be pleased with the look.:D

So a 4" backspace Rear and Front should work? I want nice wide on the back without sticking out, and rubbing the fenders.

If I do a 2" offset on the rears, they will just stick out a little further, right?

BTW, anyone know what wheels those are on the blue truck in the above photo?

• 2 weeks later...

My new wheels have been ordered.

Fronts, 15x7 In, 6x5.5 Bolt Circle, with 3.75 Backspace.

Rear, 15x8 In, 6x5.5 Bolt Circle, with 3.75 Backspace.

I didn't know what lugs to order with it. Suggestions? I did get the center caps too.

Will be mounting 215/60-15 and 245/60-15 tires on them. Will get them local.

crr-320-5055_w.jpg

• 1 month later...

right on dude, that is the look, i have same exact wheels, and same size tires for another project i'm doin, i thought u would like that set up, looks great, now throw on some flairs and a front spoiler, and a visor and call it good..:D, go fontana stlye with it..:D also by the way, nice neighborhood.

Edited by dat620

Like the TL1000. Lose the Corset! (jus' kidding I race with a back protector too).

Like those wheels. Like the neighbour hood even more. Surburbia is a part of my past that I rarely miss. Till I see a 'hood like that...:mellow:

But even nice neighborhoods have assholes. I think they are from the next neighborhood over. Check these assholes tossing my patio furniture. I hope the cops find them before me. Busted up my damn table. Another family in back of me had all their solor lights destroyed. I will find them. They didn't know I have security cameras all around my house :fu:

http://home.comcast.net/~gwf/090722.wmv

I have a GSX-R1000 now, but the TL was fun. My wife said I looked like I was going to work at Home Depot!

Edited by g-mam

[quote=Loz;190675

Like those wheels. Like the neighbour hood even more. Surburbia is a part of my past that I rarely miss. Till I see a 'hood like that...:mellow:

Funny

That's the same thing I was checking out more than his truck, no offense.:lol:

Street is spotless and lawn is very green and maintened.

I cut down on watering my lawn and don't even bother as much with it since this bad economy.

BTW

Nice truck, very clean