L20b w/Weber, elec ignition, header, 5 speed

---------------------------------------------------------------------

L20b w/Weber, electronic ignition, header, rare 'Datsun 1600 OHC' finned / ribbed valve cover & 5 speed

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet setup currently in my 620 pickup - rear sump pan.

Starts with just a bump of the switch warm or cold, runs strong, never runs hot, but goes thru oil - some out the tail pipe and some thru the gaskets/seals (smokes a little until it warms up - then fine).

Probably needs rings and valve seals and I have a complete gasket kit that goes with it.

-Has the "rarer than hen's teeth" - "Datsun 1600 OHC" finned/ribbed valve cover - black spots are old wrinkle paint that wouldn't blow off with my air nozzle

-Weber 32/36 electric choke conversion done just a little over a year ago ($300)

-Electronic ignition

-210 head - was told it's the ultra rare closed chamber version but not verified

-Newer hi-torque starter

-Header - looks like maybe a 510 header modified to fit into the 620 (?)

-The 5-speed shifts 'okay', very slight sychro issues but fine for normal driving

-New clutch slave cylinder, backup light switch, and shift lever boot on tranny

Has been very dependable, but I scored a KA24DE motor w/tranny, so this setup needs to go.

Come see it run then I'll help you pull it - I have a cherry picker.

Driveshaft and motor mounts not included.

$550 obo (Yeah I know it changes it's own oil, but before hating on me or sending those super lowball offers consider the $$ spent just for the carb and manifold - new gasket kit was $80 - you can verify and have peace of mind it runs - and how many of these valve covers have you seen for sale ? )

PM or call Ben @ 7 6 0 - 4 9 4 - 7 2 3 0 - Oceanside (please no calls after 8pm - I'm old and cranky !)

L20_FRONT1.jpg

L20_IGNITION1.jpg

L20_LEFT1.jpg

L20_RIGHT1.jpg

L20_STARTER1.jpg

Edited by BenJammin
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ad is fresh, gonna give it a little time before considering parting out, but I'll try to respect the order in which parts were requested.

Thanks.

would you be willing to part? i dont need the motor or trans but i need the weber adapter and possibly header
... rare 'Datsun 1600 OHC' valve cover & 5 speed

Probably needs rings and valve seals and I have a complete gasket kit that goes with it.

and how many of these valve covers have you seen for sale ?

i have that valve cover for sale :D

rebuild required... id like to know what the block cond is, as its likey got the dreaded crack between 2&3...

what 5spd is it? cond???

hear it run...does it drive too?

i have that valve cover for sale :D

rebuild required... id like to know what the block cond is, as its likey got the dreaded crack between 2&3...

what 5spd is it? cond???

hear it run...does it drive too?

I didn't see your valve cover for sale, is it here on Ratsun? How much you asking ? Searches for "Datsun 1600 OHC valve cover" (finned or ribbed) turns up very little on the web.

Crack between 2 & 3 ? Wouldn't it be overheating or getting water in the oil (or oil in the water) if that were the case?

-No overheating or mixing of fluids in this engine my friend-

Rebuild required - depends - runs fine if you don't mind drips on your driveway and a little smoke when you first start her up! Drips would be solved with the gasket kit I'm including.

I think the 5-speed is the original with the later L20 truck motors, I haven't checked the ears, but otherwise how would you tell? Need pics?

Yeah, it runs [ & drives ] just fine, gets up around 85-90 pretty easy, I make runs down to SD and up to Temecula all the time in it (but the 18" Titans on a non-aligned front end makes it EXCITING !)

Edited by BenJammin
I didn't see your valve cover for sale, is it here on Ratsun? How much you asking ?

no, but its avail- best offer!

Crack between 2 & 3 ? Wouldn't it be overheating or getting water in the oil (or oil in the water) if that were the case?

-No overheating or mixing of fluids in this engine my friend-

not necessarily. the last 2 blocks ive rebuilt were with cracks :cursing:

very common and generally causes NO issues.

looking for a good block that will handle 12:1 compression.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.