510 condom kit

How did the rest of the kit work out? Are you confident that the replacement seals for the glass won't self destruct based on what he has told you? I'm looking at dropping quite a bit for the deluxe wagon kit and don't want to invest if it’s just going to crap out.

Thanks

Joel

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the deluxe wagon kit

have not seen the hatch window seal yet, let us know how that goes. ;)

i have the hatch seal (inner & outer) w/o issues (unless you count the mislabeling fiasco)

the rear sedan window seal is the only one that ive heard cracking issues with.

Does he offer a money-back (including shipping) and labor warranty? Mmmm, doubt it. Worthless. It's like the auto parts store warranty on rebuilt starters and cv shafts - sure, lifetime warranty, but after you get stuck thirty times cause your car won't start and you replace your cv shaft a dozen times at 2-3 hours a pop, you'll really wish you had bought the genuine thing in the first place, even if it is 5x the cost. I know the OEM stuff is difficult/impossible to find, but trusting one seller's "warranty" over any other product is worth next to nothing.

Well i emailed mike with pics of the seals, he told me he would warranty my rear one out for the same rear seal or 50% off the cal rear seal(when i talked to him on the phone he told me he would do a straight swap) and he would do 50% off on a front seal as they could have been inproperly installed or cracked due to not having the chrome insert in. So I just emailed him back and reminded him of our conversation so we will see.

The only seals Ive heard of problems with are rear windows but my front is split in the corners :angry: :angry:

So the front seal cracks also????

Has anyone found an oem(with trim) front and back seal that doesn't crack?

anyone have problems with the cal look yet? I am putting a set of cal look on my car this month.

I have been selling Mike's stuff for a few years now and never had a complaint.

Anyone have anything else, from datsunlandsocal, that failed, or cracked????

OEM seals dont crack aftermarket ones do, I have never heard of cal seals cracking

So has anyone found aftermarket ones with trim that don't crack?

I personaly like the ones with trim but will go with the cal look to avoid problems.

I will have a few sets of cal look if anyone is interested

how is that a solution???

they are not cracking due to the trim, they are cracking from crappy chinese rubber (and MAYBE due to the install method)

My solution is to look for front and back seals with trim that don't crack.

what do you recommend?

I know Mike is not sitting on this problem. He said he has them made longer so they don't stretch out but that was only for the rear seal. the front one never cracked before.

And besides these, has anything ever failed/cracked?

Most of the rear ones have from what ive heard. Look for NOS front and rear seals but get ready to spend some money they go for abour 300 or more each

300 sounds cheap. I have been looking for NOS for a long time, about three years or so. I found a rear from rods discounts for 400+, I think, and instead desided to buy a parts car with that amount.

scotts old rubber

OR

Datsport, both out of AUS, for the only other source i know of.

there may still be the older seals from DLsocal floating around (i have 2 F myself)

managed an OEM for the rear, but its old material too...

MOST vendors are dealing with the same manufacture or 2, so its finding a suitable UV resistant material, which from what i read, is avail in OZ

ya Rod is really spendy,

he asked me how much i sold it for, when I told him he said i could have got ...

thats why i dont sell him anything now, but i do still trade ;)

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13776&p=141890&hilit=datsport#p141890

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13685&p=140977&hilit=who+has+bought+from+datsport#p140977

Note that we also supply most all after market specific wagon seals sold in The US.

South Australia is known as the driest state in the driest inhabited continent. Most of SA is in the arid zone, and only the south-east gets good rainfall. The capital city, Adelaide, situated in the south of the state has an annual average rainfall of 528mm. This makes it the driest capital city in Australia.

we have very high UV in our country.

So we have to have extreme resistance to UV with our seals.

http://www.arpansa.gov.au/uvindex/models/adluvmodel.htm

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hm, just a thought, what if you coated the crack-prone seal in some por15? Wonder if that would protect it from UV rays and weather. It'd look stupid shiny and probably wouldn't be smart if you wanted to take it off again, but maybe worth a shot?

POR15 isn’t uv rated. It discolors unless top coated...

Later

Joel