Guys with the yelow mercedes lights

I was looking at the bulbs today and it appears they are H bulbs like fog lights......how do I use the factory 510 wiring for these. I know I have to buy a H harness for the projectors but do I need to buy a harness for the yellows also?

Edited by SRSANDS
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you could just put some male spade plugs on the end of the wires and plug those into your high beam plugs...

thats what i did with my non yellow benzo fogs. but that was on my 78 620. but i think i will relay them and just use the HL plug as a switch.

Edited by moparvwfreak
I was looking at the bulbs today and it appears they are H bulbs like fog lights......how do I use the factory 510 wiring for these. I know I have to buy a H harness for the projectors but do I need to buy a harness for the yellows also?

if you want a pic i can have one for you tomorrow

• 1 year later...

I've been wondering about this also. are some of these people that run h4 relays and yellow mercedes fog lights in the highbeam location ,combining the low beam& high beam functions in the outer,low beam location,while using the former high beam location for the Mercedes fog lamps? if so,how is this done? i have some old rectangular Bosch combination fog lamp/driving lights on my Goon but don't have any wiring,relays or switches for them yet. where do i purchase relays,switches and wiring for these,as well as the H4 relays and the lamp and H4 bulb assembly for my '70 Goon

where do i purchase relays,switches and wiring for these,as well as the H4 relays and the lamp and H4 bulb assembly for my '70 Goon

search H4 harness

the highs on Datsuns are 50 watts so no realy is nneded as a stock hight is 50watts also. If you go higher you need a relay for that also.

But most people just need the H5 realy cause most time you use the lowbeam setting but you want more peower as most driving is w/the lowbam. these will be 2 relays. 1relay for low 1 for high.many different places to get thes

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Headlights.shtml#OnLineOrdering