R/C guys: HPI may have something you're interested in.....

this thread is not helping me ive been fighting the urge to by a car to go with the truck and this is just making me want to get a car more

IMAG0083.jpg

with the body that matches my actual pick up

IMAG0086.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly just found out about the cup racer tonight all by my lonely while looking into the rc drift stuff. Already have a cleaner version of what bonvo linked. (clean it, put the bumpers back on btw.)

You might have trouble puting some of theose bodies on other cars. HPI has setup a layed back front shock setup to fit true scale bodies so the se datsun bodies may not clear other chassis setups..

And yea, im gonna go to hobbytown on monday and see if i can get one. I know they dont have em in stock, but they should be able to order me one.

If you want nitro.......the traxxas latest nitro 4 tec 3.3 has a low front and may work with the bodies. tho the motor may be an issue.

Ill likely either get a cup racer or the sprint drift chassis. But the smaller cup racer would make it easier to run in smaller locations.

sadly just found out about the cup racer tonight all by my lonely while looking into the rc drift stuff. Already have a cleaner version of what bonvo linked. (clean it, put the bumpers back on btw.)

You might have trouble puting some of theose bodies on other cars. HPI has setup a layed back front shock setup to fit true scale bodies so the se datsun bodies may not clear other chassis setups..

And yea, im gonna go to hobbytown on monday and see if i can get one. I know they dont have em in stock, but they should be able to order me one.

If you want nitro.......the traxxas latest nitro 4 tec 3.3 has a low front and may work with the bodies. tho the motor may be an issue.

Ill likely either get a cup racer or the sprint drift chassis. But the smaller cup racer would make it easier to run in smaller locations.

i wanna put the bumpers back on but there broken hence why there not on it :P im thinking if i get another rc it will be an electric car nitro is nice but a hell of a hassle to deal with and electric is cheaper

if you want basic electric its not any more expensive than nitro.

nitro = fuel and glow plugs

electric = batteries and motor when it goes ( brushless are better but more $)

tho im with you. Im debating the electric HPI car that started this thread. Find a basic transmitter setup and use what it comes with, but when the motor goes (assuming I like it out of the box) ill get a novak brushless and speed control. Dunno which battery style i wanna go with yet. NiCD are a pain and the most basic, but LiPO are expensive as hell. Ill probly middle ground it and go NiMH.

Still kinda unsure. I still got alot of othe stuff to do/get for other things so spending money is always an issue.

The one thing that stinks about having a box flared 510 is I can never make a scale model of it, like these RC cars. I also used to race these years ago, and may just have to buy another one. Would be sweet to make your own chassis, effectively just holding the wheels in place, and build a few bodies for display. Giant model cars. hmmmmmm...........

Moisabamf- heres the breakdown i got from my loacl hobbytown today.

Kit - $209 +tax

Team Novak Brushless motor and Speed control ( you can use whatever brand you want but you need to supply ur motor and ESC) - $269 +tax

Transmitter (there are options here, but a basic Futaba 2 channel with servo and reciever is)-- $50

Batteries ( Basic is NiCd- cheap and have to discharge completely before recharge.) with charger - $40 - $300 ( 2x Lithium Polymer batteries and charger)

so your looking at $600 - $900.

Now this price varies based on what parts you get after the kit, but you still have to get them. HPI sells their own brushless setup, but i dont know the cost. Team novak stuff is pretty good and the unit i priced is the 'SLYDR' drift system (their most expensive atm). Also works for racing and comes with features.

The 240 kits arent avail from hobbytown till late July so ill likely get the 510 kit now and a 240 body later. Then once ive assembled the chassis, Ill buy the motor system and transmitter. I have extra NiCD batteries I can use for now and upgrade later.

You can get other kits in RTR ( ready to roll) sets for a bit less. Hell even traxxas' newest nitro 4 tec 3.3 is less and itll do 70mph.....right before you hit the curb and shatter it lol

Edited by Hyphy
Hell even traxxas' newest nitro 4 tec 3.3 is less and itll do 70mph.....right before you hit the curb and shatter it lol

thats why you get the rtr electric 4-tec and drop the body on it

damnit i wanna get one now considering i have a rc plane i never fly with all the electronics i could need motor included.....

Hey Ben your RC dime has more chrome than your real one. :P

Looking cool though.

Im working on it .. Im working on it .. sheesh :D

Yeah the mini me datsun is a blast to mob around as well I put a stupid fast brushless setup in it way to much power rwd totally unclontrollable but in a relaly fun way

The body came with a sweet sticker sheet wil all sorts of datsun stickers on it to .... Bonus!