HID Conversions /H4

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are the h4 wiring harness's a 6" long set of 3 14 ga wires with a male plug on one end and a female on the other? (connects between stock harness and bulb)

Just curious

This is the one. Its super easy and cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-9003-Hi-Low-Headlight-Wire-Harness-Kit-Hi-Watt-HID_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem25549b80ddQQitemZ160333267165QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

SWEET that looks more like what i expected.

Its totally plug and play. Its so easy!

so only the H4 bulbs will work on the H4 harness?

No, it will work with the stock halogens too. The harness delivers the full 13+ volts to your lights making them brighter.

I currently have the h4's with city lights running on the stock harness and if i switch the brights on it get WAY hot pretty quick. then after a bit the relay fails and i lose all lights.

I currently have the h4's with city lights running on the stock harness and if i switch the brights on it get WAY hot pretty quick. then after a bit the relay fails and i lose all lights.

YON NEED A HARNESS!:lol:

Make sure you get the correct harness

Youll only need the harness for the outer lights. It will have 2 relays. One is for the lows and the other for the highs.

The stock inner just leave only dont do anything with them.

You need better lights on LOW anyways.

Datto510 had a harness when he came over I said the one he had would not work then found the correct one.

510 is switchable ground. so some harness might have a 3 prong connoector wher eyou maight have to jumper. incase its switchable power.

I got mine from 4 crawlers.com a Toyota truck site. But most are made in China harness anyways. You can get the Hella or Bosche relays later if needed. My ching Chong ones have been working pretty good so far.

yes that one will work.

Im not a 620 expert I know 521 truck are not switchable ground so I had to do the jumper thing.

But on my 510 it took me about 15min to put the harness in.

Just pull you out connectors off the lamps. the driver side will be tucked under to hid it or just leave nearby.

the connector thats near the battery/passenger side will plug into the male pin side. This will trigger the relays as if it were the lamp.

with this harness if you got a good alternator have a verity of H4 lamps to choose from 55low/60 high is the common but the have 80/100 and all sorts of assortments. 55/100 or 100/130. But really you can only squeeze so much out of a 5.3/4 lamp. a 7inch lamp is more efficient.

you might have to realighn the lamp and get behind a car so make sure its not to high to get in rear view mirrors.ect......

get 2 harness

Intial cost is alot(hella lamps 55-60$ apc) but you wont go back to stock 35watt outer lights anymore.