East Coast Craig's List finds- resurrected from old Classifieds

Yea I agree, I offered him his asking price and was ready to come up and get it but he stopped responding to my emails/calls so either somebody else grabbed it or he decided to keep it. Ended up with a super clean CA 240z instead. Oh well.

I spoke to him when he first posted it for sale. He didn't have a title in-hand for the wagon. He had to apply for it. No title, no money, honey...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rod in Gainesville bought up all the 510s around GA he could find, running or not and parted them out. He sold the shells to buyers in the rust belt. The one time I could stand to talk to him, he said he made good money off them. Your best bet would be to find a nice one in Arizona or california and bring it to GA. If one does show up, you can bet he will be trying to buy it the day the ad goes up. He has some nasty tactics too. There was one for sale near my town, and he talked the kid into selling the hood off his car. Then when nobody wanted a car with no hood, he came back several weeks later, and got the rest of the car for rock bottom price. If you meet up with him, shove your foot up his tailpipe for me.

• Like 1

Rod in Gainesville bought up all the 510s around GA he could find, running or not and parted them out. He sold the shells to buyers in the rust belt. The one time I could stand to talk to him, he said he made good money off them. Your best bet would be to find a nice one in Arizona or california and bring it to GA. If one does show up, you can bet he will be trying to buy it the day the ad goes up. He has some nasty tactics too. There was one for sale near my town, and he talked the kid into selling the hood off his car. Then when nobody wanted a car with no hood, he came back several weeks later, and got the rest of the car for rock bottom price. If you meet up with him, shove your foot up his tailpipe for me.

Noted, guy sounds like a douche in his cl postings. Found a roadster Im picking up monday anyway!

I found a post where the gainesville guy ripped off a member here, and posted he is still at work and moved into z cars as well. There are plenty of roadsters here. I just dont feel a connection to them. Passed up several sweet deals on them. Im still asking around for a 510. I found one thats been refurbished with a turbo v6. Basicly something out of my price range. At least I got a lead.

• Like 1

San Maru, want to share the lead on the turbo v6 510?

Thanks

Yes sir, I have contacted them to verify if its still for sale, and what the asking price is. If it is still available I will give you the information in PM. In a moment I will try and post a picture.

That car has been around for a long time. Turbo Tom built it for a rich customer who beat the piss out of it, broke it, had it fixed, broke it and and then it sat and Bryan Feldman bought it and got it back up and running and sold it again. It was white at one time.

Chevy 2.8 V6 with twin turbos.

Not sure if it was wrecked or not.

That car has been around for a long time. Turbo Tom built it for a rich customer who beat the piss out of it, broke it, had it fixed, broke it and and then it sat and Bryan Feldman bought it and got it back up and running and sold it again. It was white at one time.

Chevy 2.8 V6 with twin turbos.

Not sure if it was wrecked or not.

Thanks for the info - I misunderstood the RIP in the comment. Wonder how front heavy that car is? No vids of the car around dime world?

Found it: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/590616/1972-datsun-510

Tom Wyatt III is deceased, not the car. If you dont know his story, then you are neglecting your Datsun history. Tsk Tsk. Yes it was white. Its just metal. People have been breaking, repairing and working metal parts for a very long time. Its a big deal to some and not others. With skills or money to buy skills, its not a problem. For the people that have owned this one, its not a problem to replace a differential or whatever is necessary that may have broke during a thrashing. Its built for thrashing. Sometimes an actual Turbo Tom Z or 510 pops up in GA because they never left the state. Others show up where they migrated. If you buy the car, get used to jealous remarks. Its not just a built 510, but one with a historical background as well. I will have the latest asking price tomorrow. You should be able to view the stats/vids and photos on cardomain.com by searching datsun 510 GA. Look for street fighter. Dont flood the guy with mails. Let me communicate through the channels here in GA.

I have a 1980 280zx project car if anyone is interested. It runs good, wont shift into reverse. Besides a little surface rust in a few small spots, and a rusted spare tire well, the metal is in good shape. Rocker panels and floorboards are solid. Its a good base to build on. Its no beauty. It needs paint/bodywork, interior redone, and could use a fender. It just needs love. I got it as a parts car. After looking it over, getting it to fire up, it looked solid and ran so smooth... I couldnt bring myself to dismantle it. I even started to get it driveable, replacing a caliper and I drove it a short distance. Maybe 1/2 a mile. It is worth something to me in parts, and I could easily fix it up nice with all my spare parts. So I dont have to sell it. Just thought that maybe someone out there would like to have it, and give it a second lease on life. Its a slick top. GL so its power windows, locks, cruise control, power steering, etc. Windows and lights all work. Missing a few interior plastic parts. Red interior. Was that maroon metallic 'Regatta Red' but previous owner sprayed grey epoxy primer over the outside in a desperate attempt to protect the car. Its located just east of Atlanta and will need a tow. I never bled the brakes after replacing the caliper. No Major wreck damage I can see. Drained the coolant. I thought 800 was fair but its up for discussion. You can PM me here. Its only up for sale here, to members. Thanks for reading.

• 2 weeks later...
You should be able to view the stats/vids and photos on cardomain.com by searching datsun 510 GA. Look for street fighter. Dont flood the guy with mails. Let me communicate through the channels here in GA.

Whoa. Like the same dude who built the eight-hundred-and-some-odd horsepower 2JZ31? Toyota-powered, but still one of the fastest z31s ever built.

src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HbLD67toFJk

My point being here, if it's the same dude then it's probably got some decent build quality behind it.