pretty cool lil 620 doin a burn out

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with dubs, an the ka swap.. it maybe worth like 3500... without the dubs.. maybe 2000, you cant sell wheels for as much as you paid for them.. an no one wants to buy it without wheels.. sooooo.. im not to big of fan of putting wheels on something thats worth less then the wheels.. cause really, your buyin the wheels.. and gettin a vehicle out of the deal.. lol

idk i seriously think there should be a commitee for stuff like this... a 620 that clean should be in the hands of somebody that is going to do it justice. no offense to anybody's personal taste but c'mon dubs?... seriously?:rolleyes:

how much did he sell it for?

idk i seriously think there should be a commitee for stuff like this... a 620 that clean should be in the hands of somebody that is going to do it justice. no offense to anybody's personal taste but c'mon dubs?... seriously?:rolleyes:

how much did he sell it for?

Wait, wait, wait... I thought ratsun was all about doing things that show off your personality and not listening to the others views of what should be on the vehicle...

I have 18s on mine and I think they look great for the size of the truck. I just hope that the new owner (if he did in fact sell it) takes care of it and wants to share it with us and show it off a little.

please don't misunderstand. i def think you should do what you want. and i guess i should have put in a disclaimer. i personally don't understand the trend that has been followed over the last few years of going bigger and bigger with wheels. honestly i think certain vehicles look cool as hell with 24" wheels, and god help me i think donks are usually pretty damn cool, (like that cutlass at sema with the rolls front end and the 32" rims, or the vid on youtube recently of "donkey kong" with 40" rims) maybe that's just cause i wish i was a balla, a shot calla.. haha. my issue is not with his choice in custom touches, my issue is with his vehicle of choice. and thankfully he didn't do anything permanent to the truck, you can just unbolt those rims. but if you look at his myspace pics that you linked to, his "new ride" is a full size chevy. i have absolutely no problem with people setting up these type of trucks to have the big rims and whatever, but only because there's a million and one of them within a square mile of where i'm currently sitting whereas anybody would be hard pressed to find a 620 that clean within 100 miles of where i'm currently sitting. and without even saying any of that i forget that i'm new around here and need to qualify most of the shit that rolls out of my mouth as purely sarcastic. basically when i saw the pics i cringed a little and then expressed my own opinion outloud (in text) on a forum of people that i have nothing but respect and best wishes for. i saw his truck when he first posted it up in the show off thread (which i will get around to doing myself shortly), i thought "damn, that is a nice ass 620, i hope he finishes it off along the same lines as what he's started". and if i'm not mistaken he has a cardomain page showing that when he first got it it was mostly orange and then he used some flat black on the front half with a zig zag line down the side and then cleaned it up real good and got it painted and went with the oem+ look on the outside...

the point is i apologize if i stepped on any toes with my comments. but they were said with my tongue so far in my cheek i slobbered all over my shoulder. and i certainly didn't mean to say that he shouldn't be allowed to do whatever he wants, i meant it more like he started off so well (IMO) and then strayed right there at the end with some heavy ass wheels that IMO don't do the truck justice at all.

I know what you mean about the big wheel craze. I 'm not into it but to each there own.

my problem with it is. I just bought new 15x10 stock car wheels for my "Z" and now I have like 1 tire choice to fit them and it is too big for the car.

If I went 17 18 or 19 I could get any tire size I want. Just can't get any wheels with neg offset. so spacers are involved and then they will not stick out far enough to fill the flares.

what happened to the good ole days when 15's were BIG. and any tire you wanted was available.

The tire guy said I was a dying breed. Damn tire guy!

and another thing, isn't metal alot heavier than rubber and air?

all that extra weight cuts down on power. raises your sprung weight. less tiaction due to no sidewall flex.

And then there is my 69 Coupe DeVille sittin on 20's. Damn it looks good!

If I could only afford gas for it.

yes the larger wheel slows acceleration and it is harder to brake. I noticed that right away going from 15" Enkei (super light) to some cheap 18's. Pretty heavy. So then I put a turbo engine in to take care of the acceleration problems. :D

I bought mine for looks, not performance on the Z. If you think 15's are bad, try 16's. Nobody has tire choices for that size. Its the odd size out. 17's are good for about any tire and not all too big in my opinion. You can get some light weight 17 inch wheels still.

and another thing, isn't metal alot heavier than rubber and air?

all that extra weight cuts down on power. raises your sprung weight. less tiaction due to no sidewall flex.

Actually, you have better traction and better corning with the less sidewall, as there is less sidewall roll and more tire contact (depending on tire width of course). My truck accelerated, braked (wtf is past tense broke? :P) and cornered 200% better with my 18's over my 14's ;)

I attribute alot of this to decreased carcass flex.

...of course I went from 14" steelies to 18" aluminum...but I kept the same outside tire diameter. I also noticed as I was rearranging the garage the other day that my 18's with tires really arent that heavy...

BTW: Tire pressure is paramount to performance. Check the MAX psi for the tire at the MAX weight. Chances are MAX wieght per tire is more than your truck weighs ;)

My 18" tires reccomended like 50 psi for 2600 pounds...I ran 35psi after I did the math ;)