Carpet...

]2eDeYe

So I'm researching new carpet for my KingCab..

I found one place that lists 78-86 extended cabs...not sure what that means...

http://www.stockinteriors.com/items.asp?MakeId=38&ModelId=432&MainCatId=1&Desc=Datsun_Truck_Extended_Cab_Carpet

I was wondering how similar the cabs are between body styles and if the newer 720 style carpet would work. I'm going to contact these guys to see if it's just one carpet they offer for all years.

Just wanna see what you guys think...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe;15740']So I'm researching new carpet for my KingCab..

I found one place that lists 78-86 extended cabs...not sure what that means...

http://www.stockinteriors.com/items.asp?MakeId=38&ModelId=432&MainCatId=1&Desc=Datsun_Truck_Extended_Cab_Carpet

I was wondering how similar the cabs are between body styles and if the newer 720 style carpet would work. I'm going to contact these guys to see if it's just one carpet they offer for all years.

Just wanna see what you guys think...

I know I have seen multiple places sell it for King cabs but I guess I never looked at the years... if you get one tell us how it works. I was always told to leave it in the sun so it is nice and warm so it is more plyable just keep that in mind all you cold state peope:P

I put a 720 carpet in my KC and it's bigger. I trimmed the sides by the door and fit it under the plastic molding. Fits the hump fairly well and slowly sags into shape over time. There is a vinyl patch under the pedals in the high wear boot heel area which is good and another beside the gas pedal on the hump where your right foot rests. I had to remove some of the thick sound deadener where the clutch pedal meets it or the clutch doesn't fully disengage and under/beside the gas pedal or your foot sits too high. You need a consul around the shifter to hide the hole in the carpet for the mounting bracket for the 720 one. The under dash area needs trimming to fit up as high as you can and I just slid it under the heater. The rest tucks under the seats. The back half will need lots of trimming and two new holes for the seat belt anchors. If you have an old piece lay it on top and cut around it and leave extra around the edges. I just tucked it under the side and rear valances. For a reg cab you probably don't need the rear half.

I like the way it turned out and with all the sound deadener, quieter too!