Rubbermans 620 KC

I had a question about the headliner cuz I found a guy on Ebay who does nothing but headliners. $60 plus shipping for a headliner w/ out Bows. I'm also gonna get the windshield replaced. Do I HAVE to have them both out to get the headliner in there right or can you do it with out fitting before the windshield/rear window gets put in?

To do the job properly I am pretty sure you got to remove the windshield and the rear glass . Because it all tucks behind the window gasket .

Edited by slam_dat_sun
added to post
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as you know if you've kept up with this, I did not have a key that worked any of the door lock sets I had, Instead of paying a locksmith, I just got a new set off ebay for $43.00 shipped. Got them in the mail today, soon to be on the truck tonight. I know I have to deal with two keys, one for the ign. and one for the doors, but no biggy. Here's a pic.

Edit; damn that keyboard is dusty.

Picture211.jpg

Picture210.jpg

I like the way you put the door panel back on. I was thinking about how I was gonna do mine. To do "right" way you gotta drill all those holes back into the panel and slide those plastic snap in pieces back in. Not only do you have do do allot of drilling, but they all have to be in the exact position.

The problem for me is some of my plastic peices are broken, and as all plastic, they are brittle and may break. I like your Idea, it looks like you just drilled some screws and finishing washers in through the panel into the metal. Is that what you did?

~DM

Well, as you know if you've kept up with this, I did not have a key that worked any of the door lock sets I had, Instead of paying a locksmith, I just got a new set off ebay for $43.00 shipped. Got them in the mail today, soon to be on the truck tonight. I know I have to deal with two keys, one for the ign. and one for the doors, but no biggy. Here's a pic.

Edit; damn that keyboard is dusty.

Picture211.jpg

Who care if it take 1 key or 2 keys, it really doesn't matter as long as the doors lock and some little twiffer punk can't open your door and claim your stereo !

You got that right Slam.

Dead, I used plastic anchors, like the ones on the rad. support for the grill, except these are round. I put them in the spots on the door where the old clips from the panels went and when I screw the panel on they expand. I put some black weather strip adhesive on the clips when I popped them in. That stuff has alittle give to it, but doesn't allow the clips to spin when I put the screws in.

Bonvo, yep your right, they're keyed different. Doesn't matter to me, I would be reaching over to lock and unlock it from the inside anyway.

Overall they seem to be built pretty good. Only time will tell.

nice locating of the gauges, looks alot better than on the column or under the dash, nice radio placement too, i was thinking of taking out my stock radio and putting the cap in its place then using the console like you did for my cd deck, i have a nice alpine deck but im still too puss to go cutting on the center console!! lol hey rusty speaking of the cd player how about a pic of the cd player in the console from the back sideand maybe bow you cut it and mounted it, looking good as always

Thanks Ghetto and halm,

Ghetto, for me to get a pic of the back of the console, I'd have to take it back apart, I don't want to go thru that again. All I did was cut out where the old radio would go in and the new radio mount slid right in. I braced it off the console mount.

I finally got all the new window channel felt, window rubbers and glass in, with everything back together, I also got all the gauges hooked up and ready to go. I need to find my drimmel to cut out the metal in the dash, slide the gauges in and done. Here's a few pics.

Picture219.jpg

Picture221.jpg

Picture220.jpg

Picture222.jpg

So these work good with out no slop/slack , keeps the window tight without flopping around when rolling up and down ? Did you get enough quantity to do both of your doors with the $32.07 ?

Yeah Daniel, they're snug as a bug, tight with no movement. I had to get two, one for each door. I think there was some on ebay for over $100. These were cheaper and worked just as well.

Thanks Charlie, not sure if the wife likes the devotion, but it's about done and gonna have to start looking hard for a 210 to redo.

Thank you for sharing this very very valuable information with every body, I book marked the page so I would know what to get when it comes time for it . I think you should get with an admin and see if they would make the url a sticky in parts for sale section . Would be valuable information for people that don't ever look at your thread or have over looked that post .