Rubbermans 620 KC

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of time frame are we looking at ? :D

Well, got the tailgate finished up tonight, ready to go on tommorrow. Working on the doors right now, trying to get them smooth before I paint them, hopefully done and painted by this weekend. I'm gonna do some new door panels. New seats should be here by the end of this week. Then I've got to load her up and take her down to get the front end lined up, I put new tie rods and cross member on, she's out of wack now. Hopefully in about two weeks I can take her out for a spin. I'm probably forgetting something. Don't worry, I'll for sure have a video up when I get her going. I'm really courious what kind of power that motors got. Now of course this time frame depends totally on how much time the wife lets me spend in the garage. She's been good about everything, she gives me some shit sometimes on how I'm going to the garage to see my real wife.

Well, got the tailgate finished up tonight, ready to go on tommorrow. Working on the doors right now, trying to get them smooth before I paint them, hopefully done and painted by this weekend. I'm gonna do some new door panels. New seats should be here by the end of this week. Then I've got to load her up and take her down to get the front end lined up, I put new tie rods and cross member on, she's out of wack now. Hopefully in about two weeks I can take her out for a spin. I'm probably forgetting something. Don't worry, I'll for sure have a video up when I get her going. I'm really courious what kind of power that motors got. Now of course this time frame depends totally on how much time the wife lets me spend in the garage. She's been good about everything, she gives me some shit sometimes on how I'm going to the garage to see my real wife.

Sometimes I get to involved with my truck and over look my wife . She deserves all of my attention but she understands how much I love my truck . She also knows that it hurts me to see my baby with the front end bent up .

I would probably be hard to tell if you had 12v source wired up right assuming there is no second hand, a minute can be a long time if you're worried about burning it up. Check continuity between RL-B, RB-LW, RL-LW, RB-B, RL-RB, B-LW. According to the schematic there should be just 4 wires for the Clock: RL, RB, B, LW. But if you do have a BG and L wire running to the clock then BG is positive 12v and L is ground.

I would take a test light and ground it to a bolt or something metal attaching to the frame and test the pinouts for a positive 12v supply. After you find which are which let me know. Wouldn't hurt to snap a pic of the clock wiring either. I supposed one of the wires will be a constant 12v supply even when the ignition is off as to not lose time.

Call me up if yah want.

Rusty you are an artist , wonderful work . Are you going to paint the tail gate lettering ?

Thanks Daniel. I have factory stickers for the lettering. Before I put them on, I'm gonna have my decal guy copy them so I can make alot more and in different colors. Oh and a note on my factory clock situation, took it out and hard wired her up and it's bad, doesn't tic or toc.

Thanks Daniel. I have factory stickers for the lettering. Before I put them on, I'm gonna have my decal guy copy them so I can make alot more and in different colors. Oh and a note on my factory clock situation, took it out and hard wired her up and it's bad, doesn't tic or toc.

rubberman are you serious? shit man i am sorry, i didnt even think to plug it up to my truck to see if it worked or not, i was too busy with my shiny tach, the mexican guy it came from he said he didnt know if it worked or not either, maybe you can crack it open and take a look at it, it shouldnt be too complicated, and there is a place up here where i live that can fix it pretty cheap if you think its the motor or something